• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos B707 Alprasolam withdrawal

Fellon n sellin

Bluelighter
It seems like these are up and down in strength

I’m on a 4mg regimen but it seems like I can’t go lower without starting to seize up with less then a day without it

I feel stuck and idk how to taper down with that acute amount of danger

help needed bad I have GAD, PTSD, agoraphobia, OCD, major depressive disorder, and most importantly panic disorder

Last edited:

I’m on a 4mg regimen but it seems like I can’t go lower without starting to seize up with less then a day without it

help needed bad I have GAD, PTSD, agoraphobia, OCD, major depressive disorder, and most importantly panic disorder
I switched from Xanax to Valium then did a fairly quick taper and stopped Valium all together at 5 mg , I found that tapering from 40 mg Valium to 15 mg was pretty easy but things got more intense below 15 mg ,I went from 15 to 5 mg in about a month then had a pretty shitty month before things started easing up .

I actually just took my first dose of Valium since May1 yesterday, it was 2 mg and it kept me chill all day and I slept like a baby last night , im actually scared of benzos now and won’t be taking another dose for a month or so.

I used weed to help me thru it ,i was smokin 1/2 ounce a week for the first two months , i found the anxiety paralyzing some times., I was fortunate enough to be out of work on another disability at the time which helped

Because Alprazolam has a very short half life, it makes it extremely difficult to taper off. Ideally, you'd want to switch to a benzo with a much longer half life. Diazepam/Valium is usually recommended for this as it has by far the longest half life out of any Benzo. The equivalency dosage would be about 60mgs.

Divide that up into 3 x 20mg doses per waking day 8 hours apart. Something like 7am, 3pm, 11pm.

Once you've stabilized, start reducing the dosage by 1mg per dose each week (3 x 19mg, 3 x 18mg, 3 x 17mg.....etc). Do this until you make it down to 3 x 5mgs. Then reduce the weekly reductions to 0.5mgs per dose (3 x 4.5mg, 3 x 4mg, 3 x 3.5mg..... etc). Do this until you reach 3 x 0.5mgs per day.

You can either jump from there (safe in most cases) or make further reductions if you feel the need to do so. But Valium's long half life will make tapering much more manageable than attempting to do so with Xanax.

Last edited:
Because Alprazolam has a very short half life, it makes it extremely difficult to taper off. Ideally, you'd want to switch to a benzo with a much longer half life. Diazepam/Valium is usually recommended for this as it has by far the longest half life out of any Benzo. The equivalency dosage would be about 60mgs.

Divide that up into 3 x 20mg doses per waking day 8 hours apart. Something like 7am, 3pm, 11pm.

Once you've stabilized, start reducing the dosage by 1mg per dose each week (3 x 19mg, 3 x 18mg, 3 x 17mg.....etc). Do this until you make it down to 3 x 5mgs. Then reduce the weekly reductions to 0.5mgs per dose (3 x 4.5mg, 3 x 4mg, 3 x 3.5mg..... etc). Do this until you reach 3 x 0.5mgs per day.

You can either jump from there (safe in most cases) or make further reductions if you feel the need to do so. But Valium's long half life will make tapering much more manageable than attempting to do so with Xanax.
Thank you for the detailed response 🙏 now I just need to get my hands on some diazepam, I had a script but they cut me off cold turkey, hopefully I’ll find an understanding doctor soon

I switched from Xanax to Valium then did a fairly quick taper and stopped Valium all together at 5 mg , I found that tapering from 40 mg Valium to 15 mg was pretty easy but things got more intense below 15 mg ,I went from 15 to 5 mg in about a month then had a pretty shitty month before things started easing up .

I actually just took my first dose of Valium since May1 yesterday, it was 2 mg and it kept me chill all day and I slept like a baby last night , im actually scared of benzos now and won’t be taking another dose for a month or so.

I used weed to help me thru it ,i was smokin 1/2 ounce a week for the first two months , i found the anxiety paralyzing some times., I was fortunate enough to be out of work on another disability at the time which helped
My main problem rn is money and availability of benzos to switch over to but I do have good weed available when I can afford it I just ran out of a Superman OG strain that was perfectly relaxing and heavenly with the disphoria from the withdrawal

My main problem rn is money and availability of benzos to switch over to but I do have good weed available when I can afford it I just ran out of a Superman OG strain that was perfectly relaxing and heavenly with the disphoria from the withdrawal
I understand about the money , the Xanax and Valium I was on came from Cambodia when I visited before the pandemic hit but when I decided to quit and was having trouble splitting 10 mg Valium into 7.5 mg for my taper I went to my regular doctor and asked explained the situation I was in and didn’t even hesiTate and he gave me a script for 2 mg Valium, I brought along a bottle of 10 mg Valium to show him I was telling the truth .

Weed definitely helped ,i got my weed card in NJ a month before starting to taper ,my weed consumption skyrocketed when I stopped Valium altogether and lasted about two months . I normally smoke 1 1/4 ounce a month it went to 2 ounces.

I don’t know much about them but there is a couple of benzos available online at peptide retailer’s I’m assuming they’re weak cause they’re legal but they may help you ….

Preciate the advise
Yeah my weed consumption went way up I even started flipping packs again to get money for it

(I started out 16 bars per dose, 4-6 times a day and tapered down to where I am now) so I was smoking a lotta weed (like a QP a week type shit) and taking a lotta gabapentin

Of which I don’t have anymore sadly but already went thru the withdrawal from it got lucky I didn’t seize up more then once I came close (that was a few months ago)

but that’s probably what I’ll do is just be upfront with my doctor and just pray for at least a low dose of diazepam or lorazepam

cuz I’ve withdrawn from Valium, Ativan, Xanax, and Klonopin and after that stint of alprazolam I won’t be doing anything cold turkey until j get to a jump off point

I’ll just have to find a new doctor who might prescribe me something cuz my last 2 doctors cut me off cold turkey

Clonazepam 1mg 3 times a day, and when he cut me off I went to a psychologist who also cut me off cold turkey from Valium 10mg twice a day and that’s how I ended up buying scripts of bars cuz it was the only thing available to me and still is

Weed makes benzo withdrawal much worse for me too.

This is tricky one, but I found kratom to work pretty well for mild to moderate benzo withdrawal. Of course you will become a kratom addict, so i would only recommend this approach to someone with experience with benzo withdrawal and opioid withdrawal. While opioid withdrawal sucks i have a much higher ability to handle opioid withdrawal than benzo withdrawal.

I agree weed isn't good in benzo withdrawal, even indicas. It increases your heart rate and is too stimulating and anxiety inducing while in benzo WD. I mean if you have a very high tolerance to THC it probably wouldn't be too bad, but personally I probably wouldn't.

I might consider something like delta 8 THC, but not weed.

I cut out any and all stimulants/stimulation in benzo withdrawal, no coffee, no loud noises, no weed, no cell phone ringer, no mean people, etc...

Hmm, but if you simultaneously cold turkey benzos and weed at the same time that might produce some really nightmareish dreams

I agree weed isn't good in benzo withdrawal, even indicas. It increases your heart rate and is too stimulating and anxiety inducing while in benzo WD. I mean if you have a very high tolerance to THC it probably wouldn't be too bad, but personally I probably wouldn't.

I cut out any and all stimulants/stimulation in benzo withdrawal, no coffee, no loud noises, no weed, no cell phone ringer, no mean people, etc...

Hmm, but if you simultaneously cold turkey benzos and weed at the same time that might produce some really nightmareish dreams

I second the avoidance of stimulants and over stimulating situations. I'd also add the avoidance of Glutamate/MSG heavy foods. The idea is to reduce excitotoxicity as much as possible to limit cell damage, the risk of seizures and catecholamine depletion.

Yeah I completely agree I only do it in smaller doses which for me is like half gram or so

I can’t handle it unless I start out with just a few tokes and go up from there and let my body get used to it otherwise it’ll turn its back on me for sure

and that’s with a high mental and physical tolerance to THC

In my experience re: wd-ing from benzos with weed made it worse. Just was not an option in my case.
I believe you ,

I was a mess so smokin a fatty of good weed chilled me out for about 3 hours , I was always a pothead before my dope days so I know weed works for me . I like the 80-90% indica strains, 22-25% thc

Now that all my withdraws are over I still smoke 1 1/2 ounce a month, I’ll smoke half a fatty and smoke again a couple hrs later

Still taking 4-8 mg per dose of alp, I had another seizure

I got a doctors appointment set up and I’m just gonna be upfront with him and ask for a weaned dose of anything, prolly Valium or Ativan if I get anything but I’m hopeful