View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

azures and cyans

kush407smoke

Bluelighter
Wondering if anybody has picked or grown either of these strains and if so how n where did you do it

13 years ago I started a little cyans patch on some lost ground, using beech chips used for animal bedding. As it almost depleted its chips, it felt only natural to mix in another bag, and then, every 2 years or so, another bag. This went on, and on, AND ON. Its now going for 13 years and beautiful white rhizomorphic mycelium can still be seen. That little piece of lost ground is where the wavy caps grow, sometimes it skips a year, it always comes back. The amount of mushrooms you actually use in a year is very small, especially of such a potent mushroom, we're talking 2-3x cubensis. The lil patch provided for a small group of friends,. who now have a lil patch each too. Handful of patch, bag of chips, might skip a year, way to go. We never had to buy a mushroom (its legal here) the patch did it all for us and now theres more patches for more people. "you buy a bag of beech chips, leach it and dig the patch, I'll give you a handful of my patch. Its becoming a thing :) No lab work, just basic gardening. Once its in the wood propagation is easy, just keep topping it off every couple years :)

I guess you could do a PF-TEK grow of a cyan or azure, then break up the cake and inoculate leached hardwood chips now, over the winter, then in spring build an outdoor bed.
If you know someone with a patch, ask for a handful after hes picked his flushes and go wood-to-wood

If you hunt cyans, throw a few overripe ones in a blender with some water making a woodlover smoothie, work this mycelial soup into leached hardwood chips, keep over winter indoors to colonize, then in the spring, establish outdoor patches.

Guerilla farmed ganja? No chance - everybody knows that plant. Guerilla farmed wavy caps? People don't even see anything out of the ordinary.

Only pick what you need so that the spores spread and critters run off with pieces of mushroom.

Wavy caps are rare in most places. Let's give an endangered species a hand in becoming more common.

cyans2018.jpg

You're so lucky I live in Florida would that be a problem we have pan cyan not wavy caps I wish n I've never even seen an azure I wish and I eat 8-18 grams of cubes n 5-10grams of cyans

When I lived in Houston I would go to the cow pies on the farms and pick Cubensis. I know I have posted this before and repeat myself but I was proud of how I did it. I lived near a lot of farms with a lot of cows. I would take a dog leash with me as I went to collect just in case I ever ran into the farmer that owned the land. I would say I let my dog off the leash and he took off on this land, sorry. That never happened. :) Those farms were all cows no humans. One time I picked a mushroom where the cap was as big as my hand. Probably weighed a few ounces. I ate it fresh, before I could even finish it 8 minutes later I was treeeeeeping to high heaven. I thought I died. But those fresh ones are interesting.

Now someone I knew that passed a while back sent me some Azures he picked on a beach in Oregon. 1/2 gram of that dried was very strong. Azures made an impression on me and I really want to explore more. I really wish legalization would happen. Because at this point a lot of these things are far away from me. Something happened on an Azure trip where I closed my eyes and saw infinity. Hard to explain. They also had a colder sterner personality than cubensis. I am for sure the kind of person that believes psilocybin is psilocybin. But I can for sure say my 5 Azure experiences were a different flavor than Cubensis.

Anyone ever wonder if they are going to go to the grave without having tried some things? Damn. Too many on the list. But I would love to try each different kind of mushroom a few times.

Hey Asante, I am so glad you are back and posting. And I agree with what you said about putting time in between experiences to digest. It is like eating a meal, you eat it and digest it. Not eat a meal and then another one right after it. Digesting and integrating takes time. Hell even a 15 mg DMT trip gives me stuff to digest for a few months. Taking in all the info and knowledge from psychedelics (and dissociatives for some of you) takes time to integrate. I admit sometimes when you all were taking MXE or 3-MEO-PCP every day the posts did not make sense to me. Now they do though as digesting occurs (and you all take breaks lol). Very wise to put time in between. Now saying that I had a blast taking acid 3 days in a row back in the day. lol. Nothing wrong with that either. To each his own. But digesting is important.

Last edited:
When I lived in Houston I would go to the cow pies on the farms and pick Cubensis. I know I have posted this before and repeat myself but I was proud of how I did it. I lived near a lot of farms with a lot of cows. I would take a dog leash with me as I went to collect just in case I ever ran into the farmer that owned the land. I would say I let my dog off the leash and he took off on this land, sorry. That never happened. :) Those farms were all cows no humans. One time I picked a mushroom where the cap was as big as my hand. Probably weighed a few ounces. I ate it fresh, before I could even finish it 8 minutes later I was treeeeeeping to high heaven. I thought I died. But those fresh ones are interesting.

Now someone I knew that passed a while back sent me some Azures he picked on a beach in Oregon. 1/2 gram of that dried was very strong. Azures made an impression on me and I really want to explore more. I really wish legalization would happen. Because at this point a lot of these things are far away from me. Something happened on an Azure trip where I closed my eyes and saw infinity. Hard to explain. They also had a colder sterner personality than cubensis. I am for sure the kind of person that believes psilocybin is psilocybin. But I can for sure say my 5 Azure experiences were a different flavor than Cubensis.

Anyone ever wonder if they are going to go to the grave without having tried some things? Damn. Too many on the list. But I would love to try each different kind of mushroom a few times.

Hey Asante, I am so glad you are back and posting. And I agree with what you said about putting time in between experiences to digest. It is like eating a meal, you eat it and digest it. Not eat a meal and then another one right after it. Digesting and integrating takes time. Hell even a 15 mg DMT trip gives me stuff to digest for a few months. Taking in all the info and knowledge from psychedelics (and dissociatives for some of you) takes time to integrate. I admit sometimes when you all were taking MXE or 3-MEO-PCP every day the posts did not make sense to me. Now they do though as digesting occurs (and you all take breaks lol). Very wise to put time in between. Now saying that I had a blast taking acid 3 days in a row back in the day. lol. Nothing wrong with that either. To each his own. But digesting is important.

All psilocybin isbt equal as cubes normal dosage is 3.5-5 grams and azures dose is a single gram

N I live in Florida so I'll never see an azure in my life time n when people do have em there stingy cuz of how hard they are to come by

I would literally do anything for a oz of azures

Love your post, @Asante!
We’ve got a similar patch, but it skipped this year.
Cyans all the way . . .
Or Baeocystis, they are amaaaaazing.

I've really come to love Wavy Caps, not just the whole watching them grow and picking them thing, but I find the taste to be superior to cubensis too. Cyans have that "forest floor"taste which is wholesome, while cubensis smells like my little nephew stashed it in his socks :D Moreover its exquisitely potent and, again unlike cubies, I find the trip more colorful and joyous, more sensory, like liberty caps, while I find cubensis more cerebral.

I think my patch is gonna skip this year too, because I planted a Sakura tree in the midst of it. I hope they'll learn to work together, the tree and the mushroom.

.mushroom_mindkey.jpg

Yep, love ‘em for the effects AND the flavour.
One thing to note is that all species of Psilocybe contain varying quantities of psilocin, psilocybin, and baeocystin, among others; these variances can contribute to qualitative differences in the effects, even within a given species.
The Azures are king, but I still love my Cyans (‘cause they’re potent and love my herb garden).
Nice pics, @Asante!
Here’s my little patch . . .