• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Ayhuasca experience

I don't know anyone personally who would try it having mental problems and if I did, I would advise against it. I heard most people with problems like depression after ayahuasca end up being in worse condition. For addictions, especially opiate, ibogaine is I think the best option.

I don't know anyone personally who would try it having mental problems and if I did, I would advise against it. I heard most people with problems like depression after ayahuasca end up being in worse condition. For addictions, especially opiate, ibogaine is I think the best option.
Well I have bipolar so not sure how beneficial or detrimental it would be

I think it is very rare for something like ayahuasca to have particularly long-lasting addiction suppressing effects (or abatement of psychiatric disease symptoms).

Definitely would not recommend that drug for those with bipolar disorder, severe anxiety or schizophrenia-type disorders

It's a peak experience. What you do with it afterwards is what you do with it afterwards. I've never found any way of "Integrating" fantastic experiences into shitty days at work. The two just arn't relateable. Your mind inevitably sinks back into the shitty depressive mindset because you are going to a fucking job you hate because you need the fucking money. Or because you dwell on shit that's been bothering you since you were a kid. That's a very difficult mindset to rise above, but I think chemical assistance is the best way of beating depression - not SSRI but psychedelic trips and especially euphoria. As someone once said "Euphoria is good for you".

The main long-term benefit I see is "I'm at fucking work now but next saturday I'm going to be laughing my cock off" and that's enough.

Having said that I think regular use of mushrooms does fend off depression by making a chemical difference to your brain.

It's a peak experience. What you do with it afterwards is what you do with it afterwards. I've never found any way of "Integrating" fantastic experiences into shitty days at work. The two just arn't relateable. Your mind inevitably sinks back into the shitty depressive mindset because you are going to a fucking job you hate because you need the fucking money. Or because you dwell on shit that's been bothering you since you were a kid. That's a very difficult mindset to rise above, but I think chemical assistance is the best way of beating depression - not SSRI but psychedelic trips and especially euphoria. As someone once said "Euphoria is good for you".

The main long-term benefit I see is "I'm at fucking work now but next saturday I'm going to be laughing my cock off" and that's enough.

Having said that I think regular use of mushrooms does fend off depression by making a chemical difference to your brain.
Yes I relate so much