View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ayahuasca

dude12

Greenlighter
A friend asked me if she could EAT a MAOI then EAT a dmt containing plant and get the effect of brewed ayahuasca. I told her she might get the effect, though i dont know why anyone would want to put themselves through eating all that foul tasting plant material. I want to give her a real answer though and i guess since it's such a weird or stupid idea i couldnt find anything about this in forums.

i figure she'd still be ingesting everything in the plants so she'd still get the effect (though the purge might be that much worse) but i can't honestly answer her one way or another.

all i want is whether the experience would occur, though i'm sure i'll get plenty of trolling. i would have done some myself if she hadnt asked me in person lol. hopefully someone can help

Don't think you can get enough DMT just from eating the plant - be hard work munching your way thought mimosa root bark anyway. You'd have to make some concoction by heating water with the plant.

I'm wondering if you also mean eating the MAOi containing plant. Because, if so, yes, along with eating the DMT containing plant, the purge would probably be absolutely awful and long lasting and extremely violent. I'm not sure anyone will have a definite answer for this, because its just a somewhat pointless exercise. Surely she can just make a tea? Why punish yourself and do something so masochistic that may or may not work?

well, i've seen on this forum where a guy brewed his MHRB and then heated the liqour til dry, capped the powder and ate the caps and then she could grind up syrian Rue seeds and eat them...?
she'd still have to make the tea to begin with but could, technically, eat her ayahuasca...but why?
Is she aversed to drinking something or is she just contrary?

she SAID that she doesn't want to mess up the brew and waste her ingredients, but i think she is just looking for a shortcut. i told her that making the brew is a huge part of the process if she wants a real aya experience and isn't trying to just get "high", which you shouldnt do with aya in the first place, and that most failed brews are caused by bad ingredients or leaving the brew unattended.

well i told her eating the maoi first and later the chacruna she'd probably get the effect, and insisted she take the time and energy to make the brew. hopefully she listens, i can't imagine the purge that would follow eating 100 grams of wood and leaves lol. doesn't seem like it would be worth it even if it works and saves time

thanks guys

if she's incompetent enough to "mess up" ayahuasca, then she shouldn't ever make tea, or cocoa...or even Ovaltine for that matter.

The point of ayahuasca is to make the brew and make a special event out of it. It's not something to just fuck around with and get messed up on. It can proved one very life altering experience if you make a strong brew and be open to being intro perspective during the trip (if you can remember to haha). I've done it once and wow all I can say is never again and I don't think I'll ever experience something as chemically significant, if you know what I mean. I dunno lsd and research chems don't give me the same experience or level of self connection. Even if it's a 6 hour DMT trip it's a lot more exhausting than a 12 hour LSD trip (and I've done 35 hits of decent acid before). I dunno I just think it's something to be respected and not taken lightly or taken to get messed up on.