• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ayahuasca trip together with a new crush, bad idea?

hirokisugimura

Greenlighter
There is this girl who was (or maybe still is somewhat) interested in me. But I had other hookups at the time and then I wasn't sure about her and then I was in a weird place in my life at the time and then in some reason I was timid to move things forward fast enough and I think her attraction has cooled off. At least somewhat or she sees me now more as a friend. We made out yesterday finally properly but she didn't let things to sex. It was emotional though with lots of kissing, being naked, cuddling etc. I'm not sure if I accidentally landed in the friendszone or what. She said it's partly because of the ceremony as one should not release or waste sexual energy a few days before the ceremony, or so is recommended. But I also know this is a bit of bullshit excuse and she is having other doubts and blocks about me now :)

Now when I have got to now her a bit better, I realised I really like her. She might not reciprocate my feelings though.

We were gonna go to an Ayahuasca ceremony together this weekend. But I'm feeling this might not be a good idea, as I feel somewhat rejected by her?
And I'd rather pursue her forward (if possible) and maybe not hang out with her too much without having sex. (Not gonna happen in this 2 day retreat for sure:).

And try to hang out with her next week instead.

I want to take Ayahuasca. It's been calling me for years. And I'm ready.
Just thinking whether it's good idea to take it with her in a small circle. There's gonna be other people too of course but not many. Maybe 10 or so.

Thoughts? :)

yes..bad idea to take it with a person u dont know but have a crush on....mdma would be a better choice

what does that mean? :)

We kind of know each other now a bit. We have hanged out 2-3 days and talked quite a lot.
But yeah, we're not lovers or friends. yet.

Don't take ayahuasca. DMT is fine but a completely unregulated stew of twigs and leaves from the forest outside is not safe.

i think you are probably the best person to decide if you want to go or not. i mean how much is it bothering you that she didnt want to have sex? in my eyes she provided a legitimate reason of not wanting to release sexual energy before taking aya, so it isn't an excuse or rejection that you need to take personally. or even if she does not feel ready to have sex with you yet, you should respect that, althougj if that is the case it would have helped her to have told the truth.

from wat i understand it would be a internal journey, but i could see how being in close proxim for 2 days and having a very introspective trip could seem offputting if you feel hurt by her.

my instinct is that you should talk to her face to face about what you have told us and see if that can help resolve some of your concerns. it depends what kind of relationship you habe with her, to me it sounds like you have over thought that scenario so much you now have a distorted view of her motivations which could be cleared up with an honest conversation.

i mean this is what my opinion for 95% of relationship questions posted on here, tell your SO what you told us, vulnerability and honesty brings us closer together, and if it is met by disdain, maybe that says more about where the other person is at.

2-3 you "know" this person? What if you start tripping she jacks you and dips pretends to dose herself while you're tripping seen it happen .

It doesn't really bother me that we didn't have sex, other than the fact that now we might maybe never have. Or maybe that's just a thought in my head. Yes. I have definitely overthought this. It's the thing where I'm like "meeh" about girls, I'm aloof, confident and always get chased by girls. If I start to like someone a lot, I sometimes overthink things and become needy. That has probably scared her off.
That didn't used to be like this.

We don't have any relationship at the moment. I guess we like each other in some level. I would like to get to know her better, because I've liked what I've learned about her so far. She is one of the most interesting girls (for me) I've met after I broke up with my last girlfriend 2 years ago and I've been single since.

The ceremony would be in a controlled and very nice setting with people she trust and the shaman is pretty well-known and trusted person traveled from Peru.

a) you're not in the friendzone if you cuddled naked together.

b) to the person who said, "Don't take ayahuasca. DMT is fine but a completely unregulated stew of twigs and leaves from the forest outside is not safe." What planet do you live on? Unregulated stew? Au contraire, smoking pure DMT is a new experiment in human biology, whereas ayahuasca has been used for many generations for healing. "Twigs and leaves" ... what's your point?? ... I can't believe I'm even responding to this.

c) as for taking ayahuasca with your crush... it's going to be as bonding as say, mdma. Prepare for some serious bonding. :p And I don't mean sexually (necessarily). I mean just energetically, spiritually, at least on a subtle level.

There's nothing off about what you've described with this girl. You're overthinking things, just let them flow naturally and see what happens. If you're doing this as part of a ceremony that she will also be a part of it sounds like it will be a nice time if you're both ready. That is much different than the two of you tripping alone. You're not so much tripping with her, just around her if you will.

saw her at the party today randomly at the same social group. she was friendly but nothing sexual and she left soon without telling.
I know she needed to leave but still.

should I stop all chase now?

should I start hooking up with other chicks?

still thinking wether to go to that ceremony. We saw each other anyway. She asked me though whether, I'm going. I said I don't know yet.

How old are you? No you should not take Ayahuasca with a crush or romantic interest. Can't you just smoke herb together sometime?

Are you in Peru now on holiday or vacation with her? Why did you both cuddle naked but not have sex at all? What was the point of doing that? You're still giving/receiving sexual energy while cuddling/kissing naked.

What!! Ayahuasca?.. Bad idea:) .. Ayahuasca, that is only for personal growth IMO... MDMA would be your beat bet; with someone you care about also IMO.

Hi, /pd/, first time posting in a loooooong while.

OP, I am going to say a number of things that are likely to be controversial and cause offense to a number of the more idealistic and/or drug- and scene-naïve people in here, which may include you. Please read through anyway. There's some advice in here instilled by very hard life experience, especially as regards the relational aspect of your potential situation.

Right off the bat—this is an almost inconceivably bad idea for a number of reasons, some of which have been touched upon above and I won't return to. But essentially you're proposing taking drugs which make you extremely impressionable and vulnerable, both physically, emotionally, and spiritually, in an unfamiliar setting, with a woman who you've only recently met, mutual feelings for each other unclear, in a setting unfamiliar for you (people she trusts; a "shaman" who "traveled from Peru," most of these people are scam artists if you didn't know, and many are worse than that. You can put my name into a computer and come up with a license #, any charges of malpractice against me, etc. Can you do it with him?)*

Don't take ayahuasca. DMT is fine but a completely unregulated stew of twigs and leaves from the forest outside is not safe.
Au contraire, smoking pure DMT is a new experiment in human biology, whereas ayahuasca has been used for many generations for healing. "Twigs and leaves" ... what's your point?? ... I can't believe I'm even responding to this.

We started isolating alkaloids in 1785 and we did it for a reason.

I concur strongly with the poster you're responding to; and if you want the experience of DMT with an MAOI, pharmaceuticals, plants and even alkaloid extractions are fairly easily available. If you want to play with jaguars and Earth goddesses with some probably bogus so-disant "shaman," who is merely unlikely to rob you and molest your woman, have at it. If you want to do drugs with friends, go ahead and do so; your advice is not harm reduction and "smoking DMT [being] a new experiment in human biology" is nonsense, it's endogenous ffs, the only novelty is route of administration. The safest way to have an ayahuasca-like drug experience is to take, orally, DMT and, probably, moclobemide, with appropriate dietary and other restrictions. My personal favorite RoA for DMT was tied between smoking it along with moclobemide and administering it i.m. (recrystallized and wheel filtered, in harm reduction terms) which I found to be quite similar experiences in depth and length although somewhat different qualitatively.

Your faith in Nature in this case is misplaced, these plants, unlike marijuana or "magic mushrooms," have a non-negligible chance of killing you, especially if things other than the usual duo of DMT-vehicle and MAOI-vehicle is being used—which is not unusual, as far as I'm lead to understanding; pretty notorious is the addition of Datura or Brugmansia spp. but the addition of various other psychoactive plants and chemicals is not unheard of.) Or rather, I should state, your trust in Nature is mildly overstated, and your trust in the person creating the particular decoction is wildly overstated. The process of this, by the way, is sometimes curious; as an odd fact to throw out there, seizures of ayahuasca proper, in pre-decocted liquid form, through the mails and at the border is known by law enforcement. As the raw plant material would be far less conspicuous, safer, and cheaper to mail or transport, why would one do this? Furthermore, it's not like you're getting anything with a list of ingredients on the tin.

2-3 you "know" this person? What if you start tripping she jacks you and dips pretends to dose herself while you're tripping seen it happen .

This has definitely been known to happen. I dunno what circles OP runs in but in the tripping circles that I used to run in some lot-trash chicks could often make a decent chunk of change rolling(*in the sense of robbing) dudes who were tripping or rolling(*in the sense of "rolling...")

Doesn't seem likely with the person that you're describing unless you're rich or a medium- to big-time dealer or something and she's running a long con. Presuming that this isn't the case, this woman still raises a number of questions. "Hanging out and talking 2-3 days" but lying naked next to each other is weird. The hookup culture is one thing and personally in most cases I don't really tend to have a lot of respect for women who give it up casually but that seems like an entirely different, and odd, thing, and it seems to strike you as odd as well, meaning that you two have divergent attitudes towards sexuality, which is a great starting point for a horrible trip. In front of a bunch of strangers. Run screaming.

In fact, I'd suggest not taking any powerful mind-altering drugs at all with a woman you're interested in sexually/emotionally not inside of the context of a committed relationship of some time. It has the potential to bring up too many questions, leading to negativity, or to lead to a false emotional bond that can carry on into the relationship as a whole with unrealistic fantasized ideas of the your partner, the sexual experience, the level of your emotional connection/"match," etc. which can go on to color the entire relationship and take months or even years to sort out, often leaving the relationship over and both parties emotionally hurt.

* I say this by way of demonstrating the lack of credentials of soi disant "shamans," please do not however take anything in this post as professional advice or construe it as to establish a professional relationship.

Good old Dr. Weil, a quack, but an endearing and entertaining quack, who is both an entertaining writer and highly knowledgeable in his field, has a fascinating anecdote about treating patients digitalis plants versus pure alkaloids, somewhere I believe in From Chocolate to Morphine, I recall it only rather vaguely but essentially he was pondering why he had never seen certain side effects which were associated in his medical school text books when treating cardiac patients with pharmaceutical drugs, and he realized that at the time he was in medical school, the drugs described therein were full-spectrum alkaloidal extracts with a different set of side effects. The side effects in this situation were wholly undesirable; preference for full-spectrum versus pure alkaloidal drugs versus plants is a topic of conversation in the Western Ibogaine-using community as am given to understand; anyone who knows Medical Marijuana 101 knows about the importance of multiple chemical compounds in that particular plant, see the differences between Marinol™ and regular marijuana; regular marijuana versus genetically engineered super-weed designed to be more indica or sativa dominant/selective at CB1 or -2, etc. This is not much at issue with the plants in the ayahuasca conversation, however.

Powerful mind altering drugs, especially but not only of the trippy/rolly kind. The associations with meth and sexual promiscuity are notorious; the fact that people form these similar strong bonds and idealizations during the highs and lows of opiate addiction are a little less so although quite well portrayed in Drugstore Cowboy and a more recent film who's name I disremember, set in NYC, in a very realistic style, written and directed(?) by a young ex-junkie herself, semi-autobiographically, about, among other things, her abusive relationship with her boyfriend.

Last edited: