Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ayahuasca first time.

Tryptam

Greenlighter
Hi,

Tomorrow is supposed to be the day of My first ayahuasca trip.
The trip is going to take place at à friend of à friends house and his mom will be preparing the beverage for us.

I have quite some experience with hallucinogenic substances before but none with either ayahuasca or dmt, therefor i am unsure about how important the preperations before consuming this holy potion is.

Would some kind soul tell me the ABSOLUTE MUST of the preperationpart aswell as the diet.

The trip is glin to tske place between 18-19. The entire day today ive had very little food and only chicken the past days as meatsource.

Would not eating for 12 hours before consumption do good?

All help id approciated, thanks!

I wouldn't bother fasting. Don't stuff yourself but eat enough to feel comfortable. It's meant to be an enjoyable experience not an ordeal. And you may need to take something fatty - like buttered toast - to help the DMT kick in. You need to stay away from a few things because you'll be taking an MAOI but you can read up on the list of foods to avoid.

I'm guessing you're using some kind of rue/caapi as the MAOI? The major problem is going to getting the MAOI working correctly. With moclobemide as the MAOI it's simple, you just swallow a 300mg tablet and 30-45 minutes later eat the freebase DMT. With the plants it's a little messier and it might be harder holding the stuff in your stomach long enough to let the DMT activate.

As Adrian says oral DMT is beyond words and very friendly. You may throw up but once you've done that you should feel the best bodyhigh ever and a wonderfully psychedelic 60-90 minutes.

What kind of mother gives ayahuasca to her kids friends ?? Anyway. If she is experienced and trustworthy, then so be it . Ayahuasca was my first trip. I would eat light on your hours ahead. Its the hardest bodyload of any psychedelic I have tried.thats why I dont do it any more . You probably won't either . there are better psychedelics out there but good luck.

I wouldn't bother fasting. Don't stuff yourself but eat enough to feel comfortable. It's meant to be an enjoyable experience not an ordeal. And you may need to take something fatty - like buttered toast - to help the DMT kick in. You need to stay away from a few things because you'll be taking an MAOI but you can read up on the list of foods to avoid.

I'm guessing you're using some kind of rue/caapi as the MAOI? The major problem is going to getting the MAOI working correctly. With moclobemide as the MAOI it's simple, you just swallow a 300mg tablet and 30-45 minutes later eat the freebase DMT. With the plants it's a little messier and it might be harder holding the stuff in your stomach long enough to let the DMT activate.

As Adrian says oral DMT is beyond words and very friendly. You may throw up but once you've done that you should feel the best bodyhigh ever and a wonderfully psychedelic 60-90 minutes.

Im not sure which MAOI shes going to use yet, I will ask these questions when I meet her today.

Are you sure its OK to eat before? Ive read and heard soooo much about the importance of the diet before a ayahuascatrip. All ive eaten now for 18 hours is fruit and some chicken with sallad for dinner last night. What would you recommend me to eat?

What kind of mother gives ayahuasca to her kids friends ?? Anyway. If she is experienced and trustworthy, then so be it . Ayahuasca was my first trip. I would eat light on your hours ahead. Its the hardest bodyload of any psychedelic I have tried.thats why I dont do it any more . You probably won't either . there are better psychedelics out there but good luck.

Thanks for the pepptalk?

Are you sure its OK to eat before? Ive read and heard soooo much about the importance of the diet before a ayahuascatrip.

The diet is important if you're taking an MAOI because some foods can react with it. But I think a lot of the fasting stuff is religious in origin rather than having any genuine basis. Fasting to make themselves worthy - bullshit like that.

Obviously you don't want to be stuffed as you're probably going to throw up, particularly if you're drinking a brew rather than taking freebase DMT and moclobemide as the MAOI.

^truth

I prefer to have a mostly empty stomach when tripping in general and especially with oral DMT. Though I have followed Ismene's advice regarding buttered toast and it really does help to get things moving.

Giving your kids friends drugs is a little"white trashy" wouldnt you say

Actually it's pretty bad practice as a parent to give your child's friends anything illegal, sorry. That is, assuming they're under the adult legal age... it's not so much that it's really that awful to do, but it's a bit of an imposition of your own parental beliefs onto someone else' child, and sorry to say it, but as long as a parent isn't cultivating extremely harmful beliefs in their children, they're free to raise their child as they see fit. And as much of a psychonaut as I am, I don't think restricting your kids from drug use falls under that category... it's just a bad decision, not malicious or deleterious.

Giving your kids friends drugs is a little"white trashy" wouldnt you say

If you mean cocaine, sure. If you mean ayahuasca, it's a little more "Amerindian religion" or "hippy".

heres a few questions i'd like to know:

1. Can I take Ayahuasca if i'm on Mirtazapine?
2. How much would be a good starting dose for my first time?
3. Can you just parachute the powder? (bomb it in rizla)
4. If I buy 25g of Powdered Ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis Caapi) Vine is that all I need to get high? If so it is rediculously cheap!

Last edited:
If I buy 25g of Powdered Ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis Caapi) Vine is that all I need to get high? If so it is rediculously cheap!

No, that's just the vendor trying to con you. Ayahuasca means the caapi which is the MAOI and a source of DMT like mimosa rootbark.

ha I like the people pretending its a good idea as a parent to give drugs to kids. Whether or not its the right thing morally to do is sort of a moot point because its incredibly illegal and therefore stupid pretty much everywhere. Would you trust a bunch of teenagers ripping on powerful pychedelics that you gave them to not do something stupid or get out of control? I wasnt a teenager that long ago and I still dont trust myself or my friends to make the best decisions especially while tripping.

actually all that's required of a brew to be called ayahuasca is the b caapi, and in many ayahuasca brews of South America analyzed the sole ingredient found was the caapi. most SA shamans say that the DMT is an admixture to the Caapi but that the Caapi is the "spirit" of the brew. Of course, I don't believe in such nonsense but we are talking about the term.

the modern use of ayahuasca is generally MAOI + DMT brew, though, so you're probably right that the vendor is trying to overcharge for a simple MAOI.

I've read that about "They call the caapi ayahuasca and that's all some of them take" but I think it's a failing of the languate transators. The translators didn't understand you needed them both to trip so they just said "oh yeah, just call the caapi ayahuasca too". The natives probably wouldn't understand enough subtleties of the translation to correct them.

And obviously if the shamen think the spirit is in the caapi they don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. I know we're supposed to look up to them cos they're dark skinned and have bones through their noses but sometimes you have to just say "Sorry pal, you're talking shit. Caapi by itself does fuck-all squared. The spirit is in the DMT mate".

And obviously if the shamen think the spirit is in the caapi they don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. I know we're supposed to look up to them cos they're dark skinned and have bones through their noses but sometimes you have to just say "Sorry pal, you're talking shit. Caapi by itself does fuck-all squared. The spirit is in the DMT mate".

LOL

I must say this is one thing that puzzles me though, since I've yet to try oral DMT but I have heard some people report of psychoactive effects from harmaline (found in peganum harmala and b.caapi.) Shulgin writes in TiHKAL about the effects of harmaline both on its own and in combination with DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, TMPEA, and mescaline. I'm quite fascinated by the psychopharmacology and the physics of the harmaline molecule, I've heard some interesting things about it.

Agreed DMT is the magik oh this Tea and there are better ways of getting DMT activated in your system. Ayahuasca was my first entheogen. I wont use it again because their are more effective psychedelics with a fraction of the bodyload Of ayahuasca . GET YOUR BARF BUCKET READY

Last edited: