• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Ayahuasca - Anyone with experience?? More info needed!

Do not worry about mental illness in the retreat setting. We all are broken. The broken ones that fare best are those that are making the effort to heal stronger at the broken places....so it is about being broken and blessed.

Bro. there are going to be some people at Ayahuasca ceremonies no matter where you are, who are at their last chance filling station. They've tried everything. Therapy, meds, cults, whatever. There are a lot of people who are dealing with abuse of one kind or another. It can be helpful to anybody, but the important thing is not to get caught up in the trips of the people around you. Cause people are going to be doing all kinds of things that have nothing to do with your interior world. People are going to be puking like you've never heard, people are going to be shitting themselves. People are going to be frightened, people are going to freaked out. You may even be one of these people. But the thing to remember is that it is your experience that is important. And there is nothing that can hurt you. You will see primordial reality, meaning you will see that most of what you perceive of reality, even physical reality is a concept, and it is relative. But if enough people take the relative reality as the truth it hardens into something that keeps you from seeeing the absolute that animates everything, and no matter where you are, if you can touch the absolute that animtes everything, you are golden and safe, beyond all concepts and ideas. That is where you want to be, even if you are having a tough psychedelic experience.

The Ayahuasca experience is beautiful. This documentary gives a good overview of the traditional therapeutic usage of the plant.

Ayahuasca Vine of the Soul

[video=youtube_share;kmj14mn10RI]http://youtu.be/kmj14mn10RI[/video]

It really makes me sad how much lack of faith and spirituality there is on Bluelight. I love this site and I've been on it for 12 years, but one thing I will say is there's a lot of atheism/agnostic approach. I don't know how you can use Ayahuasca, Mescaline, or LSD in high doses and not believe in some universal consciousness, frequency, God, angels, inter-connectedness, divinity, etc. One way or another everyone finds their way. I follow Buddhism among MANY other cultures philosophies and beliefs, and they don't believe in God, so I'm not trying to be judgmental, it just seems odd to me is all.

The purge isn't fetishized that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It's literally the most effective and fast way our body removes toxins, which includes emotional and spiritual toxins. It's not uncommon for people on Ayahuasca to puke up black vile, when they have an empty stomach. You might say bile, I say vile(spiritual toxins). All diseases, mental disorders, etc all stem from spiritual toxins. Spiritual toxins including fear, worry, panic, jealousy, hate, hurtful words, etc. Any shaman in Peru will tell you a dozen stories of rare ailments they've seen cured during a San Pedro ceremony. I alone can attest how sacred medicine and even LSD have healed the fabric of my being. Anxiety, PTSD, depression, everything within my body healed. I am one who has spent 200 hours on Google scholar, I love studies, they are also flawed and done poorly, they are all for the numbers to make their billion dollar sponsors happy. In 50 years we will radically change how we view psychedelics. I suppose it's one of those situations that you won't believe it until you see it.

BTW if you're doing Ayahuasca, you absolutely want a shaman. For one you aren't even there and will hardly notice him(someone said it would be annoying to have a shaman) and two there are A LOT of people who would freak the fuck out and do something stupid if doing Ayahuasca by themselves, where a shaman can quickly calm you and center you. If you are doing San Pedro, I'd rather not take it at all then spend the entire 20 hours in my room, you want to be in nature, you literally crave it because the more green you see the better you feel, it heals you deeply, and the amazon is one of the most beautiful places of green on earth.

I really apologize for the rant, it's just the 10th thread I've come across full of skepticism.

This is exactly the sort of answer I wanted. Thanks! One quick final question, when you did them with the shaman were you in a natural environment, outdoors, nice setting etc? I appreciate that ultimately you are still exploring your own conciousness but I'm wondering whether being in a natural setting may also impact the way the trip unfolds. Obviously with LSD and psilocybin this plays a big role, and from that I am inferring it is the same. Or is it so powerful that you lose complete awareness of any scenery? I've read about some of the ayahausca retreats in the amazon sending people out into areas of the jungle whilst tripping. The argument is that it reduces you to your basic instincts even more so, survival mechanisms etc associated with the reptilian brain and thus seperate you even more so from the civilised world. In your opinion would this be valid thing to say or is this all sales bullshit?
I used aya several Times at home, but i travelled South America for two yrs and during that time did aya with shamans in the jungle in Peru - its An adventure, five days by boat over the amazon into the jungle... I experienced nature very intense on aya.

I find the information the shamans give about aya, why they used IT and so on, to be very interesting...

A friend of me wasnt feeling well during his trip and a shaman put him in a tent and played a flute and hè got better...

C'mon @[deletedpost], you know better than to generalize like an angry US conservative. It's exactly the same with drugs in general. Don't take chances and randomly pick something without looking into it. Instead, follow a web of trust and reputation, and you'll get hooked up to the good stuff instead of getting screwed over. Then you don't need a war on drugs, or a slandering of all shamans.

Last edited:
I've used a lot of oral DMT (or 4-aco-dmt in high doses which is oral DMT) and I can see the benefit of so-called retreats for very rich people with money to spare - if nothing else it sounds like a nice few days holiday.

But for me psychedelics are about your relationship with the drug. The whole point is you don't need any other asshole telling you what to think, what to believe, what this means, what that means. It's just you and the drug. No seven thousand year old text horseshit, just you alone in your head with a psychedelic. That's the whole essential core of it. If you need someone to come between you and the drug to tell you what it means - you're missing the point somewhere.

And going to another culture entirely and expecting some dickhead with a bone through his nose to tell you the seven wonders? Taking advantage of you? Taking cash for your trip? There's a special place in hell reserved for those bastards. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. Bullshit. Be better to wait for the special guy who gets you high free of charge.

But if you have more money than sense - sure why not blow a few thousand. There's better ways of spending money tho. Give it to a dog charity man.