• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ayahuasca and Methadone interactions

fair enough. one last thing though "if your worried about the maoi interaction and fearful of the existent chance for a real bad time, why are you doing it?" and know that that fear and anxiety in the back of your mind may alter you experience greatly. -not trying to be a downer, i just have a lot of respect for Ayahuasca.

fair enough. one last thing though "if your worried about the maoi interaction and fearful of the existent chance for a real bad time, why are you doing it?" and know that that fear and anxiety in the back of your mind may alter you experience greatly. -not trying to be a downer, i just have a lot of respect for Ayahuasca.

Dude, I have no fear or anxiety, never said I did. It was a simple question, and you are being a downer:(, I know I'm ready to experience this wonderful concoction. Anyways, much love to everyone who chimed in and helped. Wish me well, my supplies should be arriving any day now. Now I just gotta get a good guide or at least a friend I really trust.

Look, the "downer" did the research for you, and i dont even care.

Link--> http://www.ayahuasca.com/?p=10

As to oxycodone (and codeine), a recent review article (Gillman 2005) suggests that it does not provoke serotonin toxicity with MAOIs because it lacks serotonin reuptake inhibitory property (at the difference of DXM and methadone for instance). Yet, if one wants to err on the side of total extra absolute safety, simple maths based on the longest known terminal half-life of oxycodone (w/ slow release tablets) give a delay of 18 hours to wait before drinking the tea.

Reference
Gillman, P.K. (2005). "Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, opioid analgesics and serotonin toxicity". British Journal of Anaesthesia, 95/4: 434-441 (abstract available here).

Look, the "downer" did the research for you, and i dont even care.

Link--> http://www.ayahuasca.com/?p=10

As to oxycodone (and codeine), a recent review article (Gillman 2005) suggests that it does not provoke serotonin toxicity with MAOIs because it lacks serotonin reuptake inhibitory property (at the difference of DXM and methadone for instance). Yet, if one wants to err on the side of total extra absolute safety, simple maths based on the longest known terminal half-life of oxycodone (w/ slow release tablets) give a delay of 18 hours to wait before drinking the tea.

Reference
Gillman, P.K. (2005). "Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, opioid analgesics and serotonin toxicity". British Journal of Anaesthesia, 95/4: 434-441 (abstract available here).

Thanks man. I didn't mean anything by "downer" though, just kiddin' with ya'. I'll give it a go and report in "Trip Reports" section.

Sorry to dredge up old thread!!!!!

I tried to pm you NW-Baltiland but couldnt!

How did this go!!!

Thanks for any help

It went fine, no bad interactions whatsoever. I currently like pharmahuasca with Moclobemide and extracted deemster much better than the traditional brew though. Much less nausea.

It's funny that you say this. I actually just returned from Iquitos where I did a month long retreat with indigenous healers. The healers I worked with are legitimate Peruvian shamans from Pucalpa.

This individual is not in anyway disrespecting the medicine by being addicted to an opiate. In fact, healers often encourage people with addictions to use the medicine to find peace and healing. I find it very condescending that people like you suggest that others are not respecting the medicine by not following the diet for example, when the healers themselves told me the diet is bogus. It was created by white people, not healers. They don't fast at all on ceremony days, as the medicine lasts longer and is more strong when you eat!

I met a few people that spoke the way that you're speaking when I was in Peru, the healers themselves said that these people completely have the wrong idea about how to use the medicine, you're allowed to have fun when you're on it, that doesn't mean it's disrespectful. Sometimes difficult experiences happen despite if you respect the medicine. The difficult experiences are not a punishment from ayahuasca, what they are is helpful. Sometimes you just need them.

In any event, I find the people that respect the medicine the most respect other people's experiences, and don't tell them how to use it. After all, you are not a shaman. To the original poster of this thread, use Ayahuasca! It will help you! I've heard that Ayahuasca calls to you when she wants you to work with her, so if you feel that you've been called, definitely go to her. And don't let anyone suggest that you're disrespecting the medicine because you have an addiction. That's what the medicine is for. Happy traveling!

first and foremost, i mean no disrespect to you. Ayahuasca requires a lot of respect. it is used as a very in depth and powerful healing tool used carefully by shamanic healers. like most psychedelics, it involves deep interpersonal examination and self reflection. if you have an opiate addiction, its not for you. there is a special diet and fasting phase prior to consuming Ayahuasca that is to be respected. if you go through with this anyway just be fairly warned that you may not like what the spirit molecule is going to show you. jBe safe-

Wow you must live dowm the way from me. Everyone in baltimore is on heroin or recovering from it

Thanks so much for the follow up! I'm on 120 of methadone and about to have two ceremonies. Glad to hear it went well. Did u slow down on ceremony days or leave everything the same?

Hey Psychonaut Ev ... how did you go with the ceremonies? All good?

I'm on 70 of methadone and am doing a ceremony in 2 months. Just wanted to see how you went with yours?

Thanks