• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ayahuasca and lithium carbonate interaction

Hello, I might move this to the Mental Health subforum if it doesn't gets responses here.

Alright I thought this would be the place since it's in reference to doing Ayahuasca be but move it if you feel nessacery

I'm fine with the post here, but in the Mental Health subforum they have posters more familiar with lithium or if it is in relation with ayahuasca I can move it to Psychedelic Drugs so you would get more posts.

Moved it and edited the title for better understanding, hope you'll find out what you want!

I got no first hand experience with ayahuasca but from the scientifical data I can tell you that it's very dangerous to take it alongside a snri or ssri. Lithium is forbidden as well

Maoi and snri or ssri are an absolute no no you will most likely die but I've heard mixed options about lithium carbonate and maois so I'm trying to find a destinct opinion hopefully from someone with exspierience

You shouldn't mix Lithium with psychedelics period people have had terrible reactions from like seizures and what not. Now with an MAOI added in as well that sounds like a disaster. I'm sure some type of interaction will exist between that and Lithium as well.

One thing about Lithium is that its easy to stop taking and once it clears your system you should be okay. But then comes about the question should you really stay on it and are psychedelics a good idea. At the end of the day that is your own choice.

Last edited:
You shouldn't mix Lithium with psychedelics period people have had terrible reactions from like seizures and what not. Now with an MAOI added in as well that sounds like a disaster. I'm sure some type of interaction will exist between that and Lithium as well.

One thing about Lithium is that its easy to stop taking and once it clears your system you should be okay. But then comes about the question should you really stay in it and are psychedelics a good idea. At the end of the day that is your own choice.

I knew if get this response the only bad exspierience I've ever had was with lsd I have over 100 shroom trips from 3.5 grams to 18 grams I have over 20 dmt trips and over 50 ketamine trips also wierd but I never had a problem with nbome or any of the 2c compounds I was asking in reference to taking Ayahuasca while on lithium I don't need a lecture about what not to do thank you though

One thing about Lithium is that its easy to stop taking and once it clears your system you should be okay. But then comes about the question should you really stay in it and are psychedelics a good idea. At the end of the day that is your own choice.
+1
BB.jpg

Clearly if you can't read I don't give a shit please if you don't know then don't post n also y'all sound stupid as shrooms help with depression so does ketamine so get the fuck outta here with your +1 bullshit

I got no first hand experience with ayahuasca but from the scientifical data I can tell you that it's very dangerous to take it alongside a snri or ssri. Lithium is forbidden as well
Can you move this to the psychedelic form cuz I keep getting these shitty responses

Lithium with a maoi on top of ayachausa will most likely kill you. Shamans doing ayachausa would never let somebody partake on medications.

Lithium with a maoi on top of ayachausa will most likely kill you. Shamans doing ayachausa would never let somebody partake on medications.
The thing is is that I know lithium and maoi can be taken together but I only know about pharmacutical maoi n not harmline

The thing is is that I know lithium and maoi can be taken together but I only know about pharmacutical maoi n not harmline
Lithium and MAOIs can not be taken together, the interaction can cause serotonin syndrome if the reaction is bad enough you will die from it. Ayachausa is extremely harsh on the body with lithium in the mix i fear you will probably choke and seizure on your own vomit leading to death.

Lithium and MAOIs can not be taken together, the interaction can cause serotonin syndrome if the reaction is bad enough you will die from it. Ayachausa is extremely harsh on the body with lithium in the mix i fear you will probably choke and seizure on your own vomit leading to death.

Check that out

Well, while you're not likely to find anything on harmine/harmaline interactions with lithium, you could hazard (key word) a guess based on the research on moclobemide and lithium. You'll want to dig more, but this is what I've turned up after a brief search.

Unlike SSRIs/SNRIs and lithium, combining moclobemide and lithium is not seen as a horribly bad idea. It's just seen as a bad idea, but one that in some cases can't be avoided. Seeing as in your case it can be avoided...

There are plenty of psychedelics out there that don't require taking a reversible inhibitor of MAO, right?

There are plenty of psychedelics out there that don't require taking a reversible inhibitor of MAO, right?

The problem isn't lithium + MAOI, it's lithium+psychedelics.

People have reported some very troubling interactions between lithium and LSD, including fugue states and seizures, and it stands to reason that there might be similar - if not worse - interactions between lithium and DMT.

Since you are such an ignorant dude, please combine them. Idk why would you ask the question if you are not looking for what to do, use the search engine next time instead of wasting our time. After the SS took place, please don't make another thread since I'm gonna close it.