Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Awkward Lucy Trips?

jaelynvon

Greenlighter
Hey everyone.
I literally just created my account like 5 minutes ago so please don't judge the way I write or describe things. Im a really nice person :) Even if I have been reading blogs from this site for years now. Anyways, I need some advice. I've noticed a few weeks ago that every time I take LSD, I end up becoming very confused and awkward.I studded a lot, I think the person I'm with is judging me, and I feel like I'm just acting really stupid. I say "nevermind" alot too ha. So I end up shutting myself up. And this happens no matter how many hits I take. I'd really like to overcome this issue because tomorrow I'll be tripping with a large group of people and possibly the person I really really like. Please help :)

Honestly, you sound like a teen. Don't take it the wrong way, but man lol I remember those days...

You mean to say you "stutter" a lot? You sound like you have some anxiety issues, but if you deal with them now, it'll get easier down the road. I know perfectly what anxiety feels like and your post almost symbolizes it.

Try not to think too much, especially while on it. That'll get you nowhere fast, especially in that mindset lol. Seems like you are in it for the recreation factor, and that's fine too. But how can you expect to be sociable if you don't try and don't talk either?

Talking is the first step. Get a feel for your group/mates and try to understand them. And then, through that, you can start to become sociable by talking nicely, but in a fun way too. It's actually not that easy and it takes practice, but look around you and EVERYONE is practicing just that. Socializing with each other, that is.

THAT is how you should get someone you like to talk to you.

Oh, and no offense to anyone at all, but don't be too weird about anything either! Try to stay within the confines of your generations' attitude, culture, popular things to talk about even though no one really cares, etc and ask lots of questions. That is always a good start.

About the psych trip itself, just relax. Everything is fine. Have fun in the group setting, it should be a blast. :)

before the trip, make sure you do stuff that will put you in a good mind set, get a good nights sleep, call your parents, have a good breakfast, get some twinkies, whatever puts you in a good place. Then trip balls and have a blast.

Some people never acclimate to taking LSD with others, especially at high doses. I recall, many moons ago, not wanting to be around ANYONE who wasn't tripping when I was, and found that ANY social interaction was an awkward one, and I'd avoid talking much at all. At one point, I took most of my LSD alone, which worked for me because I could control for most things. And yeah...you sound a bit young. The moral to the story is that for most, I'd say, large doses of psychedelics don't lend themselves to socializing in a truly meaningful way. I remember being so far gone that talking itself was entirely out of the question, and thinking wasn't very easy either...;)

As mentioned, that only works if others are also tripping too. Being inebriated to that extent can lead to awkward, social interactions with those who are fully functional with their cognitive abilities.

The whole point of a psych is to decrease, and also increase, certain areas of the mind.

The only exception I can think of is if whoever you're interacting with is a sitter, understandable to that kind of an extreme, or knows what you're on and has done it before. There were plenty of times during my sober phases (a little bit like this one is going to be) where I interacted with friends who were tripping while I was sober. I'm very open minded and blah blah, so of course I made it a point to not make the interactions awkward at all. It actually gets really funny and fun watching/interacting with them, including one of my friends that was on dmt many years ago.