View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Avoiding that mothball taste

sk0sH

Greenlighter
Can I get rid of the mothball taste, or mask it very well? I am trying to do it in one hit with an enail, and it's already pretty clear and crystalline looking--since I last made it, I refined it, and recrystallized it. Can I use like...citrus juice instead of water for the rig I am using? Will that work, or help at all? I hate the mothball taste.

Has anyone tried to use something else other than water in a rig for Dimitri?

Thanks in advance. :)

note to Noman, about his/her tek: Idk if anyone knows Noman, but I recommend the following--use an oral syringe for the pulls. Makes life easier, and allows you to control that only naphtha is going into the collection jar. Naphtha, and dimitri. Also, for the purpose of refining the DMT, you can pour all of the naphtha through the coffee filter, save the coffee filter (since some--albeit a small amount, of DMT is on there), then put it back in the freezer and you'll get it to precipitate out of solution again, even more pure. Also, it does not need to be a 15mL : 1g ratio of aqueous NaOH to bark or plant. It actually can use less NaOH. I used 40mg pure NaOH instead of 50mg for 50g of plant matter--I did this by accident, but it worked out very nicely. Just spend a little longer letting it sit and then agitate, extract, and then you will have more in your pulls and it will be more pure. Doesn't really matter how much naphtha you use, as when you freeze precip it, you can just pour through coffee filter, put back in freezer, get more crystals, rinse, repeat. Sometimes it takes a couple days for it to fall out of the feezer (depending on if you have a crappy freezer like me, or a good one lol).

DMT...

Well the best way to avoid it is by how you smoke it. The less you burn it, the less nasty it will taste. Purity also matters but sounds like you took care to get it fairly pure. It's always going to have that taste but less burning helps a lot.

Have you used a GVG before? I highly suggest buying one. It greatly reduces the taste and harshness compared to every other smoking method I've tried.

With that said it'll always have that strange DMT taste. I've grown to love it personally, I get euphoria just from that initial taste.

-GC

Just make changa. I've tried freebase before and found it almost impossible to smoke. Then I've tried changa and never looked back. Easy to make, easy to smoke in a simple water bong, easy to breakthrough.

It's just how DMT tastes, whatever solvent you use, it'll still be DMT. 100% pure DMT tastes like that. Personally I don't mind it too much.