• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Avoiding physical dependance with 1 month prescribed opiates.

Yepimonfire

Greenlighter
I've basically had a dental nightmare. Had an infection that went on for a month in a molar that ate at my bone and tooth because I couldn't afford to get it pulled, was on three rounds of antibiotics and they finally had to pull it even though the infection wouldn't budge 2 days ago. Starting february 8th I was put on hydrocodone 10mg, I was only taking it 2x at night because I couldn't eat dinner or sleep with the pain and now that it has been pulled I was put on 10 mg oxycodone, again, taking one at 6 to be able to eat and one at 10 to be able to sleep because for some reason laying down greatly exacerbates the pain (blood flow maybe?). Just taking 800mg ibuprofen during the day, gritting my teeth (no pun intended) and starving till dinner.

I am assuming it should be squared away in a week as the infection is slowly going down now that the tooth is out My question is what sort of withdrawal, if any, would I have from taking a total of 20mg oxycodone at night only (none during the day, so I'm technically only on it 8 out of 24hrs)? So far I have been on the opiates 3 weeks and I don't experience any sort of withdrawal symptoms in the mornings or during the day.

I don't think the withdrawals should be too rough. I had taken Percocet the month after a C-section. Felt some discomfort and grumpiness which I attributed to lack of sleep and stress from my newborn's sleep pattern. Doesn't the ibuprofen give you a belly ache from taking on an empty stomach? If so, try eating some mashed potatoes, soup or soft food. Hope you feel better soon! :)

That's a pretty low dose, I wouldn't really expect withdrawals especially since you have been taking it for a fairly short time. I wouldn't be concerned about it, although you may experience some constipation.