• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

avoiding opiate withdrawal

Pickledlemons

Bluelighter
So I had them most nightmarish experience of my life about a month ago. It was precipitated withdrawals from fentanyl. I posted about it here if you want to read: http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/835...ithdrawal-psychedelic?p=14200273#post14200273

So I was an idiot and did some more fentanyl last night after a fight with my GF. I went to sleep and took my suboxone after about 12 hours. And this is something I used to do.. Almost every weekend. Do opiates... wake up in the morning, take my suboxone and I'd be fine. As long as it was only one night.

However, that does not seem to be the case any longer. About 20 minutes later I started getting this deep phlegmy cough, the same cough that I got before I went into W/Ds last time. I started FREAKING OUT. I felt the effects coming and there was no way I was going to go through that again so I smoked more fentanyl until it went away.

However, I really dont want to be on fentanyl... and I REALLY dont want to go through the withdrawals that feel like smoking salvia right before getting hit by a bus. Should I stop smoking the fent... wait 24 hours and then try taking the subs again?

I'm really surprised 12 hours wasnt enough. This is methoxy acetyl fentanyl... the high only lasts an hour. So I really thought 12 hours would be enough.

Some insight would be great. Thanks.

So I am basically just trying to figure out what I should do now to get off of fentanyl and back on to suboxone with the least pain as possible. Usually I go to bed and take my suboxone in the morning but that doesnt work anymore. Would I have better luck waiting the full 24 hours? Should I maybe wait even longer? 48 hours? I also have a life and family that I need to hide this from.