• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Avoiding nasal damage with cocaine

cerberus429

Greenlighter
From what I understand you get a deviated septum from doing too much up your nose and it harms the inner walls right. so if one uses say a pen tube or whatever and sticks it all the way to the end of the nasal cavity and does a line. it is not coming in contact with the walls of the nasal cavity. will this prevent damage or cause more damage somewhere else?

Use a clean straw or snorter each time (do not share as this can transfer Hep / HIV etc? - you can also do saline nasal washes that will remove some of the residue that would normally just stay on your skin - taking a break between heavy sessions etc.

If snorting at the front of your nostril will rot the cartilage between your nostrils then imagine the damage you can cause by inhaling a bit deeper ? Also if you inhale too deeply then you will simply swallow the drug.

A deviated septum is not solely coke induced - if you take a LOT of coke your Septum will simply rot and you will be left with a single nostril. If your curious about your septum (Pinch your nose at the top [between you eyes] and move your fingers down- you have bone, then a wobbly bit (septum) this can be deviated by knocks (punches etc). This wobbly bit can also get destroyed by snorting coke etc

Bear

balm with dexpanthenol (should be available at your pharmacy) helps me a lot, I used to get nose bleed all the time but since I use it during and after every night out I'm alright (I guess x.x)

The method you described should indeed prevent a deviated septum since it avoids the thin septal area. Just make sure you snort gently and aren't getting levamisole cut shit. If you bleed regardless you probably have levamisole.

coke closes your blood vessels if you shove a pen as far as they shove that shit in your nose at the hospital for a bad break is not going to be a fun experience your septum gets a hole in it becasue of the tissue dying as a result of no oxygen from the closed blood vessels. im pretty sure there is nothing you can do about this.

Above poster is full of shit, ignore.

Cocaine causes vasoconstriction locally but the levamisole is literally corrosive. I don't think vasoconstriction alone would cause cell death unless it was prolonged and extreme. If you avoid the septal area when snorting it will not damage that area. I saw a video of the surgery, the hole was pretty far down, in the first nose chamber/area. Also, you don't simply bleed if your tissue becomes necrotic from oxygen deprivation. Parts of it would turn black over time and slough off out your nose (not to be confused with blowing out clotted blood, which is dark but not black).

I would like to see any research on the subject. My vote goes for levamisole along with abrasion/trauma caused by the physical effect of snorting rather than hypoxia.

i got that information at a hospital so believe it or not i have also read some papers that confirmed it. ill try to dig them up. i assure you i am not "full of shit" like you think. levamisole is corrosive as far as i know and who knows what could be in your blow as a cut. also powder shoots up your nose around 100mph so your nostril is essentially being sandblasted when u sniff anything.

If you are not full of shit then why did you just repeat everything I said in paraphrased form?

Use a clean straw or snorter each time (do not share as this can transfer Hep / HIV etc? - you can also do saline nasal washes that will remove some of the residue that would normally just stay on your skin - taking a break between heavy sessions etc.

If snorting at the front of your nostril will rot the cartilage between your nostrils then imagine the damage you can cause by inhaling a bit deeper ? Also if you inhale too deeply then you will simply swallow the drug.

A deviated septum is not solely coke induced - if you take a LOT of coke your Septum will simply rot and you will be left with a single nostril. If your curious about your septum (Pinch your nose at the top [between you eyes] and move your fingers down- you have bone, then a wobbly bit (septum) this can be deviated by knocks (punches etc). This wobbly bit can also get destroyed by snorting coke etc

Bear
the tip of my nose is really wobbl and my hole in both nostrils are getting bigger by the day...even if i dont use it...i feel something is infected in the inside and im blowing out a piece of skin everytime i blow hard....im afraid to go to the doctor...was thinking of stopping for a long time and see if it heal on its own

the tip of my nose is really wobbl and my hole in both nostrils are getting bigger by the day...even if i dont use it...i feel something is infected in the inside and im blowing out a piece of skin everytime i blow hard....im afraid to go to the doctor...was thinking of stopping for a long time and see if it heal on its own
Same here , Iv been on a 2 week bender about a gram a day. My nose is fucked , gaping , infected , I think I can see bone. The nostril is so wide , and when I snort it just hits the back of the throat

i feel like my whole is so wide that everytime i snort theres nothing for my nose to absorb because i have tissue left. But for some reason I can't stop doing it...I don't feel any rush the way it use to feel. I know my stuff is fire but for some reason it just doesnt do it anymore....Im wondering if i stop will my nose will ever recover. Its a lil harder for me to quit because it doesn't hinder with my work or maintain a good relationship with my friends and family...the only damage im really doing is to myself and my body....