• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Avoiding Customs Excise and Duty Payments on Shipping a Parcel From London to Canada

Rybee

Bluelighter
Hey All,

I'll ask my local post office (in London) when they're open on Tuesday after the Easter weekend for some proper advice, but was just seeing if anyone here could give me an answer in the meanwhile.

Basically, a friend from Canada came to stay with me in England for a whike and went back to Canada about 3 weeks ago now. I was tidying my room today and found a pair of her jeans in my wardrobe that she'd lost, but never told me, so I never looked for them. They're fairly expensive, RRP ~$200 CAD, and I need to post them back to her. But when they arrive in Canada, aren't Customs just going to assume that they're a gift purchased internationally and then stick on a whole load of taxes, duties, and customs & excise to pay - for what are essentially her own jeans anyway?

I don't mind signing a declaration of the facts, asserting that they're hers and providing evidence of her trip to see me or anything, but I don't want to post them back and have her pay a chunk of change for her own jeans back?

The information on the Royal Mail's Website (The English postal system) isn't very clear and contradicts itself at several points.

Any heads up would be appreciated.

you need to boil the jeans 1st, in tumeric, to ensure their safe passage

the belt, the jeans

it don't matta

only thing that mattas is the kinda pannies she be wearin' underneath

robertdowney.jpg

We are talking about a pair of jeans ffs.

Send them to harmacologist and tell her she has to pay a "recovery fee"

which is a thinly veiled euphemism for sex

help a brother out

Them jeans better be trues or robins to care this much about them nigga

We are talking about a pair of jeans ffs.
Point being? Doesn't matter what the item was. I wouldn't want to pay tax and duty to have my own possessions sent back to me either.

Grow up you sad little prick.

Your room must be a fucking mess if it took three weeks to find jeans that weren't yours.

Just sayin'.

I have three wardrobes for different clothing and she unknowingly hung them up in my spares wardrobe which I rarely use.

Also the fact that they were found in a wardrobe and not on the floor of my bedroom kind of refutes that my bedroom was 'a fucking mess.'

Read the thread in future.

Just sayin'.