• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Avoiding cocaine addiction

Psychedstoner

Bluelighter
I've really been enjoying Coke lately but I'm a bit worried about becoming addicted. Also Coke seems to affect me a little different than other people. Coke never gives me a very bad crash, but this may just be because of Ritalin abuse in the past because as I understand it, there's not much worse than a Ritalin crash.(speaking of, does anyone know if Ritalin and Coke have a cross tolerance? I doubt it, I know they're two very different chemicals) It may also be because I get pretty good product, Idk. Coke actually doesn't give me too much euphoria, but i find an immense pleasure in the numbing and the lack of pain affects. I love to snort a line and gum a little to get my whole face numb and think about hurting the people who've hurt me (fucked up, yeah I know. It's probably. Wcause im really nice person and so rarely get to express my anger). Or think about what I can do better in my life while I'm feeling good. Not to say I don't get euphoria, because I do. But my friends feel like superman and immortal gods and I just feel like a mood boost comparable to having a good day. Also, my friends get a jolt of energy and want to run around and do weird shit, but after a lime I just feel like having a deep conversation or reading while relaxing. Does anyone know why this is? I don't take any prescription medication, but I do take LSD, opiates, benzos, and alcohol fairly often. I add that because I didn't know if any of that would affect my lack of extreme euphoria that others get. That's a secondary question that I'm less concerned about.
My primary question is: how often can I do Coke without getting addicted? I have a new plug for decently priced Coke of good quality and I'd just love to spend every second of my life high on Coke already, and this just after the day after a day and half binge on one gram of Coke. So am I already addicted or is it normal to crave it the day after using it? It's not An intense craving but it's what's on my mind most of the day. And how often can I use Coke without becoming addicted? I realize this question has a lot of factors and probably no solid answer, but what can you experienced bluelighters tell me?

Sadly, your preoccupation with really wanting to use Cocaine but not wanting to become addicted, is in itself a bad sign. It's a near-universal symptom of early(er) addiction. Bragaining with yourself and life to figure out how you can use the drug as frequently as possible while paradoxically not becoming addicted.

Cocaine addiction IME is very sneaky.. One day your an occasional coke user, and just have fun with it... the next your pawning everything in your house because you have dried up all of your other funds to get it... Its fucked. Being a snorter, isn't AS addicting as being an IV coke addict or crack smoker.. I have gone through all 3, and for years when I first started I would mostly just do opioids, like oxycodone, and sniff or smoke a little coke/crack here and there, if someone offered me some, or my oxy plug had some really good shit, and I had a lot of money to blow... Then I got off of full agonist opioids/opiates, and got on buprenorphine maintenance, and well I got kind of "bored" not getting much of a rush, or really any of a rush from the bupe, like I would from oxy, dilaudid, opana, and heroin to name a few opiates I used to do as my primary DOCs.. So I started doing more coke and crack, a lot more, and then became totally fucking addicted to coke sniffing it, slamming it, and smoking crack every day, for years I binged daily on coke... Couldn't make my mind think about spending the money I would make in tips everyday, on anything but coke or crack or both... it became very ritualistic.

Then everything kind of collapsed around me, I lost my car, my job, all my money, and almost ended up homeless, from doing some stupid shit to get coke money... So I was kind of forced to stop... long story short, I then became a very occasional user, recreational you could say, and now that's how it is with me.. I can take it or leave it.. I probably only do it, maybe 2x a month nowadays, and that's about it.. Be very careful with cocaine, no matter how you do it... and don't ever start smoking it or shooting it, it will become twice as addicting as sniffing it is, for the crazy powerful rush and short amazing high it gives when done IV, or smoked in freebase(crack) form... That's just my experience with it.. I have family members whom I am very close to, that have been doing it, on the weekends, for years, just partying with alcohol, and sniffing coke when they get paid... one of them has been doing this for 20+ years, and wont stop, he loves cocaine and liquor, cant have one without the other... he may never fully be able to stop..

It all depends on the person really, every one has a different type of addictive personality, some have no addictive personality whatsoever, they are the lucky ones... the people who can pick up and put down things like heroin, crack, and anything else that is extremely addicting for most... I have quite a few friends who are like that, and only usually just smoke weed, and do harder drugs whenever they feel like it, not because they feel they "have to", because they want to, then they wont think about doing them for another month or 2.. wish I could be like that!

Be very careful man, sounds like your on thin ice, the way you described your love for the drug... it only gets worse, addiction wise the more often you do it!