• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Careers Auto Body and Painting Expertise. Anyone?

~kira~

Bluelighter
Well, it's taken me 29 years to finally decide what I want to do with my life. Over the past year I have gained some knowledge of car repairs and even tried plasti dipping one of my own! (Very basic body work stuff) lol

I've decided that all of this is fun to me. I wanted to see who is in this type of field, and if anyone can offer some advice on how to get a job in this field.

I tried calling a few colleges and asked for online "auto body" classes but they didnt know what I meant lol. Is there a type of class to take for this type of work?

How did you end up working at an auto body shop? Your experience? What was it like? And could I get in without college? Also, what was the pay like per hour?

Hi, Kira. You will need your ASE and that's pretty much. The ASE certification will need to be renewed so you will be given an exam every 5 years. This is basic life knowledge. Even if you know how to fix your car/bike -- you will need that ink written down, I know but this is the world we live in. You gonna need to have your high-school finished and that's the end of it. You will earn as much as you can think of, as a auto-body tech/mech you design the table so you're standing on concrete.