• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Authorities ask why hallucinogenic herb is legal

I like pretty entheogens, which can be grown in your front yard, without anybody knowing.

Stoned Again said:
I wonder what these wanksters would say if they made budweiser illegal.
Don't forget we already tried that about 80 years ago. Lets just say it didn't work.

Last edited:
I hope they make that hallucinogen "purple sticky salvia" illegal, as that would divert attention from Salvia divinorum, which is just another wild variety of Salvia officianalis - used as spice in some cuisines and in incense ;).

He says if people are smoking it and hallucinating, then it needs to be off the market.

LOL, i found this funny.

This is just getting ridiculous, they're not even coming up with any real reasons why it should be made illegal.

I see this Salvia mainly Purple Sticky Salvia a lot down here in Hollywood...then again there is a lot of smoke shops here.

Anyway, to the matter at hand...there claims are nothing more than pure conjecture!

"He says if people are smoking it and hallucinating, then it needs to be off the market."

How about Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine)? How about the ever so popular Dextromethorphan HBr (Dxm/Robitussin)? Though they both are used medically (OTC), they are just as easy, in fact easier to get than Salvia Divinorum! With Salvia most of the time you are carded/ID'ed, as for Dxm and Dramamine it is much less often (depending on the state), if at all. Dxm and Dramamine both have hallucinogenic properties, and both have duration many times longer than that of Salvia. As for Salvia, it is only 20 - 45 mins in total duration.

Finishing off,

"I do consider it very dangerous, and I think it's only a matter of time before it will become illegal," Roache said.

Look at alcohol, and compare the deaths with Salvia! Just because alcohol does not cause hallucinations, it remains less molested by people. Anything used incorrectly can be "dangerous" or even cause death. The most alcohol does for safety is "drink responsibly", which really seems to not be cutting it.

Thanks for posting this, got me passionate ended up writing alot lol. And just as a note, I don't have anything against alcohol personally, merely making a point.

To play devil's advocate they could argue that anything that blurs the lines between reality and hallucination is inherently dangerous. I'd be inclined to agree. That being said it can be used in a "safer" setting but the psychological effects of hallucinogens (LSD, psilocybin, maybe Salvia) vary from trip to trip and user to user.