Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian Poppy Seeds - Papaver Somniferum

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiggyTrill

Greenlighter
I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on issues revolving around Papaver Somniferum seeds in Australia (particularly Queensland). There are many ebay sellers and websites selling Papaver Somniferum seeds, is there any chance that you would be able to grow anything from these seeds or are they generally cooked or something to stop you from being able to grow plants. Also what is the legality around this? Is it illegal to grow anything from the seeds? Are the seeds themselves illegal?? Are the seeds legal in other states but not in Qld??? I am looking at purchasing some from NSW/Vic and could really use the help.

Also, does anyone have any tips for finding Papaver Somniferum plants growing in the wild, specifically around the Brisbane/SE Qld area. Not looking for exact places (though you can PM me if you know!) just general tips on what sort of habitat to look for.

I posted this in another thread but feel this one is more relevant.

Hi twiggy, welcome to bluelight.

I would advise you to read the Australian guidelines for posting before posting. And use the search engine to be sure there hasent already been a thread started asking the same questions.

We can't help you source anything either. If you want more details or advice feel free to pm me. If I have time I'm up for a chat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.