• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

⫸STICKY⫷ Australian Opiate Withdrawal Maintainance Medication Prescribers

i haven't either. i recently asked my doctor about putting me on ORT but i get the feeling he doesn't want to have to deal with the "junkies" on a regular basis. he's a busy man as it is.....

(obviously without know any other details other then your posts here however) If I had a GP who even used the term junkie I wouldn't go back to them. It utterly shows his (the GP) ignorance toward addiction, drug/alcohol rehabilitation, current views/laws/literature on the issue and is just down-right disrespectful!!!

To hear that from any type of health professional is digesting in this day! -_-

do you think codiene panadene forte is really even that addictive/effective? ive tried it with my methadone i dont feel that much TBO..not sure what the fuss is about, not like it's Oxy?

Using codeine to treat an addiction is probably not that affective tbh! Not to mention (in Australia) it technically is illegal for a health professional to prescribe codeine (or actually any other drug of dependence other then the legislated alternatives) to treat a drug of dependence. (how/if it is enforced however is probably low, my GP has at one point).

(obviously without know any other details other then your posts here however) If I had a GP who even used the term junkie I wouldn't go back to them. It utterly shows his (the GP) ignorance toward addiction, drug/alcohol rehabilitation, current views/laws/literature on the issue and is just down-right disrespectful!!!

To hear that from any type of health professional is digesting in this day! -_-

sorry, that's me using the term junkie. by no means did he infer that at all. the placement of the surgery and pharmacy are close to school's which would attract unwanted traffic; well that's my take.

he's certainly not ignorant to addiction and treatment otherwise i'd be out on the streets, homeless, no family to support me. he's the total opposite and one of the best doctor's i've had in terms of treatment regime :)

That really is great to hear dais! Having an understanding of, being a part of, and knowing of many, many people from such a wide range of health areas (from public health and epidemiologist, to old age carers, and nurses/doctors) I have seen/heard/etc many stories! Unfortunately not all that positive and do know (and am surprised how they can still stay in practise ..... the current high demand for doctors should not, but it does seem to, be an excuse for sub-adequate performance). However please don't assume this (sub-par professionals), it really is in the minority*.

* and tbh in the end it is my experiences, not necessarily the norm! :)

forunately with the current situation with dr/patient demand i'm in the position where i've got a caring doctor who takes the time out of his day for his patients. keeping in as regular contact with them as possible helps build the rapport needed to be treated with the equality that should be present. sometimes this may mean several short consultations over a period of time or double consultations over a short period of time to establish the doctor/patient relationship.

the surgery i see isn't one where they push through as many patients as possible. it's a reasonably small place with well established doctors who pride themselves on their reputation:)

I'm a bit annoy that atm I can't find any exact procedures/websites! However if someone is keen I can get this information!

Basically everyone has the right to submit an official concern regarding a GP's conduct (if the situation does indeed warrant one).

I have been in the position where I basically felt discriminated toward by a doctor so I enquired. This was a response from a friend who work for AMA....

It wouldn't necessarily be spread across any major investigation. Basically, you lodge a complaint and the complaints officer would have a look at what you've said. They would then approach the GP for an answer to the complaint. It basically becomes an informal process unless you feel that it hasn't been dealt with accordingly.

When I was working there, before they became national, complaints were a way of letting the doctor know who they work for, the patients, and 9 times out of 10, it was a way to just let the customers/patients have their say and feel like they had been heard. Most of the issues, unless they were incredibly huge, like malpractice or whatever, never went further than a simple mediation.

Your medical records are always confidential and it's unlikely they would ask to see them. Though sometimes, it helps if you're pursuing anything further to allow the medical board to see your records, especially if you think that the doctor behaved in a way that was directly related to their personal opinion about your medical history.

You wouldn't be advised of any outcomes by the medical board either. They generally like to deal with complaint swiftly and quietly. The more severe, the quieter it becomes! lol

I think a big think I took out of this was that yes, doctors/GP's do indeed work for us! (whilst still being professional, ethical, to the law, etc of course :) )

here you go, tyrael.

source

How to make a complaint
by Peter Lavelle
The Australian medical system, what to do and who to go to if something goes wrong.
Published 20/02/2003

ISTOCKPHOTO
Your rights
Complaint options
Litigation
Health Ombudsmen
More info
In a perfect world every time we sought help from a health professional we'd be 100 per cent satisfied with how we were treated.

But the world isn't perfect, and like any provider of a service, doctors make mistakes. These mistakes can range from unprofessional behaviour to incompetence or simply a momentary lapse in judgement where the doctor makes a poor decision.

It's important not to accept poor treatment, but to make a complaint about it. This doesn't just benefit you the consumer, it's also in the community's interests because it means there's less likelihood of someone else experiencing the same problem in the future.

Your rights

Health consumers have rights that guarantee them:

a satisfactory service.
dignity and privacy.
adequate information.
due skill.
treatment in a professional manner.
the right to redress if these measures aren't met.
These rights are covered by codes of conduct and are backed up by legislation – for example the Medical Practice Acts in each State, the Trade Practices Act, and common laws related to personal injury.

In the past, when health consumers have taken action against medial practitioners, the professional bodies and the courts tended to favour doctors rather than patients.

For years there's been a reluctance on the part of the medical profession to admit to doctors' mistakes and act on them. Nevertheless the rise of the consumer movement over the past 20 years or so have made consumers much more aware of their rights.

Making a complaint is an important way of weeding out and re-educating health providers who are unprofessional or incompetent.The most common complaints patients make relate to:

poor treatment – misdiagnosis, wrong or inadequate treatment.
inadequate provision of information – for example about the diagnosis or treatment.
inappropriate nature of the relationship (a sexual relationship for example).
impairment of the doctor due to drugs or alcohol.
A smaller number involve administrative matters like lack of access to medical records, long waiting times, rude staff and so on.

Complaint options

If the doctor is employed by a medical practice or hospital, the complaint should be made there in the first instance. The doctor should be given the opportunity to respond.

If you are not satisfied, or the complaint is serious enough, you can make a complaint to the health care ombudsman in your State. This is a person whose job it is to handle complaints about health care providers. Each State has one, though they go under different names.

If you are in Western Australia contact the Office of Health Review; in Queensland, the Health Rights Commission, in the Northern Territory the Health and Community Services Complaints Commission, in the ACT the Health Complaints Commission, Victoria, the Health Services Commissioner, and, in New South Wales, the Health Care Complaints Commission. Contact details are listed below.

You should call them and discuss the problem over the phone, and then submit the complaint in writing.

If they feel the complaint is unjustified or frivolous, they may dismiss it. Otherwise, depending on the nature of the complaint they may deal with it in different ways.

For example they may refer it to their dispute resolution service. This is a forum in which patients and doctors are encouraged to come together and discuss and resolve their differences. It may result in an apology from the doctor for example.

In more serious cases the complaint may be referred to another regulatory body for investigation.

In cases involving professional misconduct or where there is a question mark over the skill of the health practitioner, this might be the medical board.

Each State and Territory in Australia has a medical act which outlines the conditions under which medical practitioners are allow to practice. The acts are administered by State medical boards.

A board may investigate a doctor via a medical tribunal or professional conduct hearing, and if found guilty, the doctor may disciplined by a fines, suspension, the imposition of conditions on practice, or deregistration.

Litigation

If you feel you have been injured by a health professional you also have the option of suing that person.

Under common law, a person has the right to sue a health provider for failing to exercise reasonable skill and care in their diagnosis, and treatment, and for failure to provide adequate information about their treatment. That person can seek damages for injuries.

Those damages might include a sum of money to cover medical expenses (past, present and future), loss of income due to disability, expenses to cover nursing and domestic help, and an amount for the pain and suffering experienced.

The plaintiff (the person bringing the complaint) has to be able to prove that the doctor acted negligently, and that the negligence caused the injury. This can be difficult because:

the direct link between the procedure and the damage is sometimes difficult to prove.
to prove negligence, the plaintiff must prove the doctor breached his or her duty of care. Expert witnesses must give an opinion that what the doctor did was outside of normal acceptable practice. These experts are other doctors who may be reluctant to testify against members of their own profession. Even if they testify the conduct was normal practise, the court may still find the doctor negligent.
For the plaintiff, losing the case can be costly, because the court may order the plaintiff to pay the doctor's court costs as well as the plaintiff's.

If the doctor loses, the costs don't come out of the doctor's pocket. Doctors must have professional negligence insurance (known as medical indemnity insurance) to be able to practice, and the insurance company makes the payout.

Most cases don't go to court, because both sides usually settle out of court. Those cases that do go to court (about 10 per cent) are usually the ones that the doctor's medical insurance company thinks has a good chance of winning and will pursue to the end.

Studies have shown that a person who believes they have suffered from malpractice is much more likely to sue if they think:

the doctor is hiding information from them.
the doctor won't apologise and admit they've made a mistake.
nothing is being done to ensure the mistake isn't repeated.

Health Ombudsmen

VICTORIA
Office of the Health Services Commissioner Freecall™ 1800 136 066

NEW SOUTH WALES
Health Care Complaints Commission Freecall™ 1800 043 159 (within NSW)

QUEENSLAND
Health Rights Commission Freecall™ 1800 077 308 (within Queensland excluding Brisbane)Brisbane 07 3234 0272)

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
The SA Ombudsman Tollfree 1800 182 150

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Office of Health Review Freecall™ 1800 813 583 (within WA)

TASMANIA
Health Complaints Commissioner Tollfree™ 1800 001 170 (within Tasmania)

ACT
ACT Community and Health Services Complaints Commissioner Telephone (02) 6205 2222

NORTHERN TERRITORY
Commissioner for Health & Community Services Complaints Freecall™ 1800 806 380

Cheers, not so much for me I'm fine.

But definitely posting this information is good as it may help someone.

Might suss getting your post stickied! :) Good job though dais!

i'm fine as well. thought i might as well track it down as i've been in sticky situations before and needed the info.

i might post it in the harm reduction contacts thread. hope mods don't mind:)

I spoke to Biala today here in Brisbane, and they gave me a number to call, a clinic directly. Here's hoping I can sort things out around my new full-time job, I don't want to fuck that up while kicking. I really want to beat this... 6 years of opiate usage, nearly a year worth of IV heroin (basically everyday for the past 6 months)... I can't continue like this. I won't achieve anything I want to in this state. Wish me luck everyone.

I spoke to Biala today here in Brisbane, and they gave me a number to call, a clinic directly. Here's hoping I can sort things out around my new full-time job, I don't want to fuck that up while kicking. I really want to beat this... 6 years of opiate usage, nearly a year worth of IV heroin (basically everyday for the past 6 months)... I can't continue like this. I won't achieve anything I want to in this state. Wish me luck everyone.

And by the sounds of it you are at least in the correct mindset to begin treating your addiction! Genuine kudo's brother! Keep it up! :)

It is realised that some people are able to beat and recover from addiction/additive behaviours with extremely, varying degrees of support - from being about to kick it themselves, to having to be admitted into (and live on-premises) to rehab "retreats". Additionally, I really want to stress that there is no one factor which prevents or encourages one to follow one pathway or another! Just because one maybe required to live on premises in order to kick it, in no way suggests one's say, will-power or their strength, or any issues like that. On the flip-side, there is no "minimal" dosage required to define addiction, no specific frequency (or number of times per week/day/month) which defines someone as an addict!

I'm not assuming you are thinking this, (but when addiction posts do show) I personally like to just try to dispel that myth which many people (even people who take drugs!) believe!

Edit
: oh C_T, didn't requite realise the post was from a regular - hence you've probably already heard most of this. no intention of sounding patronising mate (If I even did at all! :)

Last edited:
best of luck c-tripper.

i'm there with you. i've got a new job opportunity in sight as well as study and other work prospects to put my time into instead of being chained to PM meds.

it's not to say i'll never use again, just now is a good time for me to clean up and make the most of these opportunities which have so graciously fallen into my lap. make up for lost time and all that.

But other then the fact that you've both* come to a realisation that that kind of lifestyle isn't sustainable - either that be unable to hold a job, or prioritising it over friends, food, bills, etc - I think that (both of you) are talking about the future, where you want to go in your life and what you want to do with it, and I'm sure other plans/changes which wouldn't/mightn't have even been thought of let alone acted upon.

* I wanted to just add here that when I used the terms like "you", "both", etc. I in fact include myself (maybe less so theses days) in these situations. it would not be appropriate for me to blurt and spill my story here. I'm more trying to show that as hard as it is (or will be), others have done the same so - with no surprise especially on BL - there's people to turn to....always! :)

Edit
: oh C_T, didn't requite realise the post was from a regular - hence you've probably already heard most of this. no intention of sounding patronising mate (If I even did at all! :)

Hehe, I've been around these parts for a few years now, yeah. You could probably track my ups and downs by going through my posts over the years here... would be interesting. No stress on the patronising front, I agree with everything you've said. My main issue is the fact that withdrawals are absolute hell on me at th'is stage of my usage... and I can't kick on my own without fucking up this awesome job. I'll do anything to keep it, but I also want to kick heroin, because I can't afford it, and it's holding my entire life back. '

The support on here is amazing <3 PLUR to all of you

Good luck to you too dais. I want to never use again to be honest. I've burned through $15,000 on heroin this year alone. That's... ludicrous. I keep getting amazing opportunities and fucking them up because of my fucked up mindset and habits, and it's time to break them.

I recently started on anti-depressants to help with my severe clinical depression, and thankfully (probably because I have no co-morbid issues) they have worked wonderfully. It's why I can finally try and pull my shit together.

I'm building structure around my life, taking charge, and making big changes. It's a bit overwhelming at times, I've tried to take it one step at a time, but I have a bad habit of rushing into things. Hopefully I've done it right this time.

and I'm sure other plans/changes which wouldn't/mightn't have even been thought of let alone acted upon.

that's what's really hit home hard. a pipe dream two buddies talk about over a few beers slowly turning into a reality. something you can't express in words:)

and I can't kick on my own without fucking up this awesome job. I'll do anything to keep it, but I also want to kick heroin, because I can't afford it, and it's holding my entire life back. '

that's what your support network, bluelight included, is there for. i've been neglecting certain aspects of my life far too long and simply cannot sustain the lifestyle i've been living anymore. it's killing me and my family.

i want to prove to myself and them that some ex piece of shit junkie can turn their life around, that they do have something to offer to society. i'd only be kidding myself if i weren't going to use again, i've got chronic pain problems, now is just time to clean up and get my shit together "for a while";)

like yourself c-t, i've started to take steps on managing my problems outside of just kicking the habit. feels good man, as they say.

I recently started on anti-depressants to help with my severe clinical depression, and thankfully (probably because I have no co-morbid issues) they have worked wonderfully. It's why I can finally try and pull my shit together.

I'm building structure around my life, taking charge, and making big changes. It's a bit overwhelming at times, I've tried to take it one step at a time, but I have a bad habit of rushing into things. Hopefully I've done it right this time.

(clearly not knowing you personally to any degree lol yet) Your posts do sound/come across in an up-beat, positive attitude! We all know that after the initial process and eventual realisation that the current lifestyle one is living just can't continue as is - the causes which initiate said process and/or continue to motivate one compared with another can be so astronomically varied I'm sure everyone would have their own, individual reason...

After the 'ball in rolling' re one making every effort, (unfortunately) there are still hurdles which are all required to get to that eventual final point! - these are/can be literally everyday temptations, accessibility, (ease of) availability , etc, etc, down to those ("little") influences of, I dunno, just being bored. I know personally, at time even if I wasn't/hadn't experiences any (even slight) WD effects, my mind would wonder to the drugs! :\

Or going to see (any form - a councillor, a psychiatrist, psychologist, even your local GP's who are [albeit to a minimal degree, a lot less than I think they should] trained/educated in mental health! It mightn't even have to be with someone who's trained. Some people - for a multitude of reasons from one's personality to whether you even have a friend/someone you feel close enough to - just need to, and make sure they, have their regular DnM to just release. Again, for me it didnt matter that I have v. close friends/family/etc, it was the psychologist which had the greatest effects in helping me deal.

Since as you said, i would be surprised if someone presented as an addicted and seeking help and didn't have other issue which also need to be addressed. Especially since drugs/alcohol are some of the most common modalities people seek as a coping mechanism! I'll wont to get too any depth as physc, mental health, the brain in any form, means one can (well I can, cos I ramble lol) get carried away with explanations quite easily.....
Essentially, all people (and other animal for that fact), as one grows up, matures, learns, has experiences (both good and bad) often not consciously, learn what people call those "life skills". One of these fundamental skills is specifically how to deal with basically negative experiences. These (and all the other) skills are required for all human beings to more or less live and healthy and productive life. Now if - for which any of the billion reasons why not - one doesn't learn/gain say, the ability to - in a healthy manner - deal with loss (of a friend, pet, family, being fired, etc) the mind try's other ways.....which is where addiction does quite often come into play!

An extremely large portion of people who not only take drugs, but more often to the degree it becomes deleterious do so due to an inability to deal with (one, multiple, even said events continuing now) traumatic experiences. Often even the one addicted may not realise why themselves at the time. It's easier for a 3rd person (I would suggest one which has qualifications on how to help) to draw these lines then for someone to see it themselves.

Now the scenario I've explained (not as well or as in depth as I'd like but its long enough already! lol) is just ONE reason!!!

Last edited:
I'm getting a referral to a psych to learn CBT, I've been practising it with an online course currently with decent results. I'm attempting to tackle all my bigger issues somewhat head-on, but with baby steps leading up to them. My drug addiction is only a symptom. But it's one that needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later, because it seems to make everything else that much harder...

Basically, I worked out that life is just a series of coping mechanisms we put in place. Some are more socially useful than others. My goal is to find a coping mechanism that keeps me happy, and isn't self-destructive. That is my ultimate life goal. I think I'll find it soon enough :)

Oh my :| :? that became a lot longer post then intended!! Short version.......there exists so many reasons why one may become addicted to a drug. In fact, there maybe (often) reasons you personally mightn't even realise yourself. Basically just as there many event/experiences which lead to this point, there are just as an equal amount of thing which maybe required to stop! :)

.... learn CBT,.....My drug addiction is only a symptom. But it's one that needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later, because it seems to make everything else that much harder...

You sir, I have confidence in! lol Basically everything you've said in your posts, I nod to as I've been there, thought the same things, etc. :)

As in my (essay long -_- lol) post, it think the series of events which lead to one to become an addict is due not (at least to begin with) due to the drug. Drugs become a coping mechanism for some other issue in their life of which they're not really (if at all) dealing with.

Re CBT, my physc used MiCBT - Mindfullness CBT. Each, as in the techniques, homework you're give, the training you do in Mindfullness is different to CBT. But basically both have shown( time and time again, through research and scientific methodologies) to have a high (in fact in terms of physc studies goes higher then the other) success rate. And yeah I was legitimately, amazed at how these certain trainings do in fact produce results!

Last edited:
Yeah, all my research has turned up that CBT and the like can be more effective long term than anti-depressants. I plan on staying on this course as long as my doctors wishes me to, while learning how to cope and deal with stuff in a much safer way, without drugs (be they opiates, or SSRI's). I feel that once I reach that point, the world is my oyster: I'm very intelligent, and very driven when I have my moments of clarity. I want my life to be that moment of clarity. At least, a lot more than it is now.

Here's some info from NUAA;s website concerning pharmacotherapy:

Pharmacotherapies

Pharmacotherapies is the name given to drug such as methadone, buprenorphine and Naltrexone that are used to treat opioid dependency. Pharmacotherapies can be used in two ways: to help with detox over a short term and for longer term maintenance.

Methadone

Methadone syrup and Biodone are the two formulations of methadone which are prescribed in Australia. The Biodone Forte available in Australia is the same strength as methadone syrup but has less additives than methadone syrup. They are both fully subsidized by the Australian government.

What is methadone?

Methadone is a synthetic opioid drug which is long acting. It is taken orally and absorbed slowly and in most cases only needs to be administered once every 24 hours.
Are there any side effects?

Not everyone gets side few effects from methadone but some of the more common side effects include:

sweating
constipation
lowered sex drive
aching muscles and joints
fluid retention
dry mouth syndrome: a lack of saliva which can lead to tooth decay.

What are some of the pros of methadone?

Methadone has been shown to be a very effective treatment in the sense that once you are stabilized on methadone, you can start getting on with your life. It stops you feeling withdrawals and if you are on an adequate dose you shouldn’t crave heroin as much.
What are some of the cons?

The methadone program is quite restrictive. In NSW, takeaways are limited and it is often difficult to arrange your life around picking up your dose. Spontaneous travel is pretty well out of the question, and traveling overseas can be very difficult.

Methadone can also be very difficult to come off. The withdrawal period can be much longer than heroin — often lasting weeks rather than days — and some prescribers are reluctant to reduce your dose, even when you want to. For these reasons methadone is often referred to as ‘liquid handcuffs’.
Here are some articles and stories from User's News about being on methadone:

Methadone Guidelines (overall guide to the methadone program in NSW)
Thank God for methadone! (user’s story)
What I want from drug treatment (Positive user’s story about methadone)
Angels and Demons [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 145.14 KB] (User’s story)
A Positive ‘Done Story [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 157.77 KB] (User’s story)
My Leap off ‘Done [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 88.45 KB] (User’s story about withdrawing from methadone)

Buprenorphine

Buprenorphine (sometimes known as Subutex, its trade name) is also used for the treatment of opioid dependence and has been available in Australia since 2001. It is available in .4mg, 2mg and 8mg tablets and is dissolved sub-lingually (under the tongue).
What are the pros of buprenorphine?

Perhaps the biggest advantage of buprenorphine (or bupe, as many people call it) is that it is generally thought to be easier than methadone to withdraw from. Another advantage is that, although everyone starts on daily dosing, many find that by increasing their dose they only need to be dosed each second or third day (although this doesn’t work for everyone).
What are the cons?

If you are using as well as being on a pharmacotherapy, being on bupe can become a bit complicated and probably not the best option.

Here’s a User’s News article about what users at an inner city clinic think about bupe: Get in the loop on bupe [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 242.41 KB]

Here’s a user’s story about bupe: The second time around [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 267.34 KB]
Suboxone

Suboxone is essentially designed to stop people selling and injecting their doses. It is a version of buprenorphine and is currently being trialed in NSW. The advantage to users in NSW is that more take-aways should be allowed, although the program is yet to be fully rolled out.

Suboxone is bupe combined with naloxone (otherwise known by its trade name, Narcan). If you take Suboxone under the tongue then the naloxone won’t affect you but if you try to inject it, whatever opioid effect the bupe would have will be instantly overridden by the naloxone, which will also knock out any other opioids in your system!

The advantage of Suboxone is that unsupervised dosing may be allowed because of the limited appeal of injecting and therefore of diversion (sale and supply of prescribed stuff to people it’s not prescribed to).

Suboxone has caused a lot of confusion and fear amongst users. A lot of this confusion is because Suboxone is closely related, to but different, from buprenorphine (Subutex). A lot of the fear is borne from the fact that Suboxone contains naloxone — an opioid antagonist that can put people into withdrawal.

The User’s News article, Suboxone: bupe with a built in cop [Adobe Acrobat PDF - 227.56 KB], explains the difference between Subutex and Suboxone.

To find out what clinics prescribe and dispense Suboxone, call the Methadone Advice & Conciliation Service (MACS) on 1800 642 428.
How do I get on methadone or buprenorphine in NSW?

Ring ADIS on 1800 422 599 or 9361 8000 (Sydney) to find a prescribing doctor. Prescribing doctors will either be based in the community or at public or private clinics.

The doctor will assess you and in most cases refer you to a clinic for dosing. After three months you may be eligible to be dosed at a community pharmacy.

In NSW approximately 43% of people on methadone or buprenorphine are dosed at pharmacies, 35% at public clinics and about 22% at private clinics.

You will have to pay a dosing fee at pharmacies and the private clinics. The public clinics are free but it is now very difficult to get placed unless you have very particular circumstances.

Naltrexone

This is not a pharmacotherapy treatment and it is not easily accessed in NSW. It is a controversial treatment for alcohol and opioid dependence.

Naltrexone is a full opioid antagonist. That means that it reverses the effect of opioids and prevents them from attaching to our brain’s receptors and making us high. It is a longer acting drug than naloxone (Narcan) and so it is not as effective for treating overdoses.

Taking naltrexone means that there is no point taking opioids, as they won’t work. This can be a good thing for some people as it may take the temptation to use away. But some people have found that it is just really frustrating and stop taking it. This is a dangerous time to use as one’s tolerance has gone and so people sometimes overdo the gear and drop.

If you are going to use after stopping naltrexone please be extra careful!

Naltrexone is usually administered after an Ultra Rapid Detox. A controversial aspect of some naltrexone treatments is that many people have been encouraged to get naltrexone implants. The idea is that these implants break down over time and give a long lasting effect. While they have worked for some people, there have been many problems for others. This ranges form infection of the implant site to people becoming so frustrated that they have attempted to cut them out.

Before agreeing to naltrexone implants, assess carefully whether you are truly ready and willing to stop using completely.

The information on their website hasn't been updated terribly recently, though there is still some interesting reading and articles on there.

Ash. <3