Australian Charged After Trying to Drop Drugs Into Prison by Drone

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Australian Charged After Trying to Drop Drugs Into Prison by Drone
David Stout
march 10,2014

drone.jpg

Australian police are holding a 28-year-old man in custody for allegedly using a remote control drone carrying illicit drugs over a maximum-security prison on the outskirts of Melbourne, according to the Herald Sun.

Police were called to the prison on Sunday afternoon after the unmanned craft was seen hovering over the facility. The male suspect and an unidentified female were later found on a nearby road with a drone and “a small quantity of drugs.”

Authorities are reportedly charging the suspect with “attempting to commit an indictable offense and possessing a drug of dependence.”

Sunday’s incident in Australia mirrored a similar event on the other side of the Pacific, where a remote controlled helicopter was used to drop 250 grams of cocaine into a corrections facility near Sao Paulo, Brazil.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think its only a matter of time until unmanned drones are the principal mode of smuggling. Unmanned boats and subs, why build a tunnel when you can just fly it over the boarder. I bet allot of this is already going on. And coming in the near future, place an order online and a drone will be at your house in five minutes with your order.

Last edited:
They need to work on issues of visibility, so that they don't get caught for such a lame reason.

Gotta make the whole outside of drone a screen that displays what a camera sees behind it, de facto invisibility!

I think you're onto something.

This story warms my heart. Except for the getting caught bit

Sucks they got caught I would think they'd dump all the drugs.

Could be the future indeed lol

Some of you guys could be throwing rich ideas here ;)

Gotta have a compartment or something to hide thay drone tho!