Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian ayahuasca?

AminoAcid

Bluelighter
So we live on a beautiful continent with some of the most amazing nature in the world, so it got me thinking, surely you don't have to travel to the amazon to find plants that could make a potent ayahuasca brew. Surely we have such plants right in our backyard that are possibly even more potent in DMT than elsewhere?

Does anyone have experience with this???

Acacia acinacea - 0.04-0.82% alkaloids, mostly phenethylamine.

Acacia acuminata subsp. acuminata - 1.6% DMT bark, 0.6-0.8% DMT in leaves.

Acacia adunca - 2.4% DMT in leaves (EPIC!)

Acacia maidenii - 0.36% DMT & 0.24% N-methyltryptamine by dry bark weight. I actually purchased a A. maidenii a few years ago but my parents got suscpicious when I tried to grow it in the backyard, so a friend and I cut the poor little sapling up and smoked a huge joint of the bark, didn't really do much. I think you need mature plants. PS: I wouldn't go ring-barking any (like what has happened to those in the botanical gardens in Melbourne) if you do find one, as they're an endangered species in the wild.

Acacia obtusifolia - 0.45-.5% DMT in bark, 0.3% in dried young leaves. Various other tryptamines and bufotenine also found.

Acacia phlebophylla - 'One of the purest natural sources of DMT'. Once again is very endangered so don't go ringbarking them.

Might go to the library tommorrow and do some reading on Acacias.

Anyone made an Aussie ayahuasca brew? If so what did you use?? How well did it work?

Last edited:
what you're referring to is probably more correctly considered "pharmahuasca". oral dmt + MAOI.
i have used acadia-extracted dmt and syrian rue, but i don't consider anything outside of traditional brews to be 'true' ayahuasca (whatever that means - i guess for me it is a respect for an ancient indigenous culture so i dunno, but my understanding is that every brujo/bruja may have a different preparation).
i didn't make the dmt so i'm not sure what acacia was used, but it is a pretty interesting thing to play around with. my (limited) experiences have been quite beautiful, but i haven't had a good opportunity to really push the dose yet. much more gentle than smoked dmt the times i did it, but i know that it can be overwhelming in higher doses.

^^ I just read that the main source of DMT in Australia is A. maidenii, but that the yield is extremely variable (sometimes nothing, sometimes everything).

A. maidenii seems to be the one people talk about, but i've read there are much higher yielding acacias.
i'm not really too well-versed, and acacias are notoriously hard to positively identify.

divine moments is right - that thread is an overwhelming treasure trove of information, i would recommend working your way through it - all 24 pages of it.
the dmt nexus is also a mind-blowing online dmt resource, if you're not already aware of it.

Last edited:
There us also a type of grass, whose name eludes me at present, which, I think has a higher yield than maidenii

^ phalaris grass, yeah.
it contains tryptamine alkaloids, but also gramine, which is toxic. it seems that most people avoid doing extractions with phalaris for this reason.

Try checking out an Aussie Entheogen forum. That is the place to go for info on Aya.

I am growing some Phleb here at home but they are difficult to say the least. Banisteriopsis Caapi or Syrian Rue are the main sources for Harmaline, (MAOI), in Australia. People source the DMT from Acacia species unfortunately or Psychotria. All are readily available in seed and plant form from within Australia and are perfectly legal.