• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian Analogue Laws

(2) A substance is a controlled drug if the substance (the drug analogue) is, in relation to a controlled drug listed in subsection (1) (or a

stereoisomer, a structural isomer (with the same constituent groups) or an alkaloid of such a controlled drug):

(a) a stereoisomer; or

(b) a structural isomer having the same constituent groups; or

(c) an alkaloid; or

(d) a structural modification obtained by the addition of one or more of the following groups:

(i) alkoxy, cyclic diether, acyl, acyloxy, mono‑amino or dialkylamino groups with up to 6 carbon atoms in any alkyl

residue;

(ii) alkyl, alkenyl or alkynyl groups with up to 6 carbon atoms in the group, where the group is attached to oxygen

(for example, an ester or an ether group), nitrogen, sulphur or carbon;

(iii) halogen, hydroxy, nitro or amino groups; or

(e) a structural modification obtained in one or more of the following ways:

(i) by the replacement of up to 2 carbocyclic or heterocyclic ring structures with different carbocyclic or

heterocyclic ring structures;

(ii) by the addition of hydrogen atoms to one or more unsaturated bonds;

(iii) by the replacement of one or more of the groups specified in paragraph (d) with another such group or groups;

(iv) by the conversion of a carboxyl or an ester group into an amide group; or

(f) otherwise a homologue, analogue, chemical derivative or substance substantially similar in chemical structure;

however obtained, except where the drug analogue is separately listed in subsection (1).

last sentance means if the analogue is also listed in the normal drugs list (e.g. MDEA is a analogue of MDMA but is also listed in subsection (1) so its not considered a analogue but itself a border controlled substance

cant find the clause that says you are guilty of (trafficking,possession etc) if you are selling one substance (whether inactive or not) as another. for example if you had 100 panadols and sold them as esctasy you would get done for trafficking esctasy. I've seen it but cant seem to find it again.

edit: forgot to add this is commonwealth law, so applies in all states. state laws most likely would be some what similar

Last edited:
i wouldnt import methoxetamine as it has a 1) a ethyl substitution on a methyl group (or a addition of a methyl group on a methyl group), and 2) a methoxy groupsubstitution of a halogen on ketamine

which is quoted on e (iii)

Last edited:
hate to revive a dead thread but are there any research chems out there that aren't controlled substances?

these laws make it so difficult to know whether i am breaking the law or not...

hate to revive a dead thread but are there any research chems out there that aren't controlled substances?

these laws make it so difficult to know whether i am breaking the law or not...

(f) otherwise a homologue, analogue, chemical derivative or substance substantially similar in chemical structure. Thats just about covers everything.

Haha at Sustanon's post. He was obviously a drug dealer, 10 grams of speed, 200 tabs of XTC, plus trying to import 1 kg of MDPV, all this with $64,000 in the mix, this poor fuck has got some serious jail time awaiting him.

Does anyone know if phenibut is an analogue of anything?

I did a quick research and I've come to the vague conclusion that it's not under any analogue laws for small doses, as it seems to be used for dietary purposes. On that note, according to Wikipedia (I know, not a very reliable source - but still) it is an analogue of GHB; "...such as the phenibut analogues baclofen and GHB"
If you want a more informed piece of information on whether it's an analogue of anything, then you can view this scholarly article which claims that Phenibut "is a structural analog of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)": http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19334514

According to Wikipedia's article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Hydroxybutyric_acid) regarding GABA - or Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid - is structurally similar to GHB, and also regulated in Australia and New Zealand.