• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Australia to allow prescription of MDMA and psilocybin for treatment-resistant mental illnesses

I can understand the scepticism. It is being rushed. And why did it even happen? But we are on this train now and hopefully there will be some benefits.

An organisation you might want to watch which is new is AMAPP - some really good people behind this non profit see https://www.amapp.au/ - want to ensure ethical standards exist and that greater number of people can benefit from this opportunity.

My mind includes cPTSD with PTSD as an overall class, but maybe I'm getting that wrong. Again we will find out soon enough with launch being July 1.

As much as I’m sure that majority of people who can benefit from such MDMA therapy would benefit as much or more from experience with someone close to them or even having it on some party/festival with good music and nice people, and as much as I find it lame charging people such prices and also parallel busting and even throwing people to jail for MDMA, there ain’t really many downsides to offering it in this fashion to those able and willing to go that route. It’s far from ideal but still better than previous general consensus by law makers that MDMA is dangerous and useless drug.