Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aussie drug history/info

AcidAttack

Bluelighter
So does anyone have any interesting info on drugs in this country?

I'll tell you what i know, back in the 70's 80's there was a ton of DOB around as acid or STP, my dad actually got a tab, sold as STP and Texan peyote.
Where now the north Melbourne yard resides, there was a vacant lot chock full of poppies found that had just been ignored for who knows how long.
Also apparently around the bush you can find poppies and marijuana plants that have stems like tree trunks because when the Chinese came looking for gold they sprinkled smoke and poppy seeds as they were walking along.
We have our own coca plant (Erythroxylum Australe) only thing is, it doesn't contain any cocaine.

Yep good start there buddy nice to see someone interested in things other than "pills" and meth. Check my PM not so much history in this case but most of my knowledge of psychedelics and their safety from personal experience and some times frightening/dangerous fuck up's I've made along the way. Almost forgot TMA 2 another of Shulgin's little gems is interesting more stimulating and euphoric than psychedelic. It is a powerful MAOI as I found out to my great detriment. Yep the DOx's have been around for years used to get them in the 90's thing was they always had a slight metallic taste. They had been around long before I stumbled across it. Also "sunset orange" aka ALD 52 was around until the guy making it and also tonnes of MDP2P was finally arrested in around 94-95 in Canada. The guy had been making it since the late 60's early 70's. He also regarded ALD 52 as a sacrament not a drug. Loads of it was heading to Oz as well as the USA.

I read somewhere that Aboriginal Australians used to chew a native stimulant, I have no idea if this is true or not but I would be really interested to find out, imagine if our continent had its own cocaine.

I read somewhere that Aboriginal Australians used to chew a native stimulant, I have no idea if this is true or not but I would be really interested to find out, imagine if our continent had its own cocaine.
Indeed. The Aboriginals chewed a pituri-based chewing "tobacco" that worked as a stimulant and by some accounts mild psychedelic. The pituri plant is dried and powdered and then mixed with the ash of some other alkaloid-active plants to form the chewy ball that contains a nicotine content 25% of it's weight. The alkaloids from the ash draw the nicotine out of the pituri and allow for easier absorption, apparently.

edit: Wikipedia shows the pituri plant genus (Duboisia) to have a number of species that contain scopolamine and hyoscyamine, which would explain the psychedelic/dissociative reports I've read.