View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Aus - 'PSY ACID': Teens rushed to hospital

poledriver

Bluelighter
Aus - 'PSY ACID': Teens rushed to hospital

782289-topshots-2012-australia-entertainment-music-skorea-psy.jpg

Gangnam Style... Police have issued a warning over a bad batch of acid (LSD) featuring an image of Korean pop icon Psy.

POLICE have issued a warning about a bad batch of LSD imprinted with an image of pop icon Psy doing a 'Gangnam Style' dance - after five teenagers were hospitalised at the weekend.

A 15 year-old-girl was rushed to hospital after taking the drug at a birthday party in Boambee East, near the NSW North Coast town of Coffs Harbour, on Saturday.

At 11pm the same night, police were called to another party in nearby Toormina because a 15-year-old boy who had taken a tab of acid had become violent.

Police have launched an investigation into the drug as it is believed a batch of the drug is circulating.

An 18-year-old man was charged with the offence of supplying a prohibited drug after being interviewed by police today. He is expected to face Coffs Harbour Local Court on April 29.

Four Sydney teenagers were also rushed to hospital after overdosing on LSD at a beach party on Friday night.

Police and ambulance were called to Balmoral Beach, about 9pm, when four 17 year olds became violently ill from what is believed to have been a bad batch of the drug.

The teens were all taken by ambulance to Royal North Shore Hospital for treatment.

It is understood the teens had mixed LSD and marijuana, prior to becoming ill. Harbourside police said they were investigating where these drugs came from and what exactly they contained.

Detective Inspector Cameron Lindsay from Coffs/Clarence Local Area Command urged anyone thinking of taking illicit drugs to be careful.

"Taking any drug carries with it an unacceptable risk, but we would ask extra precaution to be taken in the area following these incidents."

"There is clearly more of this drug circulating in the community and anyone who consumes it carries with them the risk of permanent brain damage or death."

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...ng/story-fncynjr2-1226594845685#ixzz2NCrEmLwC

Media Release Archive

Police warn public over bad 'acid' tabs - Coffs/Clarence LAC

Monday, 11 March 2013 02:35:02 PM

Police are warning the public about a bad batch of the drug ‘acid’ (LSD) which appears to be circulating on the north coast.

On Saturday (9 March 2013), a 15-year-old girl was hospitalised at a birthday party in Boambee East after taking an illicit drug she believed to be ‘acid’, and having a bad reaction.

The girl was taken to Coffs Harbour Health Campus in a critical condition and put on life support. Police were not notified about the incident.

About 11pm the same night, police were called to another party in Toormina in relation to a violent 15-year-old boy who was suffering hallucinations after also consuming an ‘acid’ tab.

Police from Coffs/Clarence Local Area Command became aware that it is likely more of the drug is circulating in the Toormina and Boambee area. An investigation was commenced.

Today (Monday 11 March 2013), an 18-year-old male was interviewed by detectives at a residence in Toormina.

As a result he was subsequently charged via Future Service Can for the offence of supply prohibited drug.

He is expected to appear at Coffs Harbour Local Court on 29 April 2013.

Meanwhile, Detective Inspector Cameron Lindsay, Crime Manager at Coffs/Clarence Local Area Command, has urged caution to anyone thinking of consuming illicit drugs in the region.

“Taking any drug carries with it an unacceptable risk, but we would ask extra precaution to be taken in the area following these incidents.”

“There is clearly more of this drug circulating in the community and anyone who consumes it carries with them the risk of permanent brain damage or death.”

“These particular tabs are identifiable due to an imprint on the paper of recording artist Psy doing the ‘gangnam style’ dance,” Detective Inspector Lindsay said.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/m...nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjI5MDYzLmh0bWwmYWxsPTE=

I wouldn't take acid and listen to psy, that would ruin a trip.

Seriously though, i doubt it was actually LSD, probably some RC, there seems to be more and more of that hitting the streets and being sold off as LSD, well in this country there seems to be anyway from things i've heard and read.

And the media here keep saying it's LSD/acid each time someone gets sick/dies/goes nuts on a tab, but they never seem to follow up with any toxicology evidence. I guess sometimes it maybe LSD, but idk, i'm a bit doubtful unless they release the tox evidence to substantiate that claim.

Last edited:
It's a shame though, you used to be able to be pretty safe with LSD tabs, the worst that would happen is you could get really strong acid, but now it's a whole new ball game, makes me nervous to do acid again. I guess I should invest in one of those Ehrlich's LSD test kits.

I guess I should invest in one of those Ehrlich's LSD test kits.

I think it depends on where you live TBH. It's easy to find LSD in some areas, hence I wouldn't waste my money on a test kit.

It can't hurt to get one, especially if you're not in a big city.

I'm a few hours away from Sydney. But even in Sydney (where i spent most my life) there are reports of more and more of that happening, rc chems being passed off as lsd.

It's a shame I cant use the ecstasy test kit, as one of the reagents says it tests for lsd, but from what i hear that wont work with tabs, probably only liquid lsd.

I'm a few hours away from Sydney. But even in Sydney (where i spent most my life) there are reports of more and more of that happening, rc chems being passed off as lsd.

It's a shame I cant use the ecstasy test kit, as one of the reagents says it tests for lsd, but from what i hear that wont work with tabs, probably only liquid lsd.

Probably because of the average sized dosages on blotter; if you had a decent amount of liquid LSD it'd be easier to test for sure.

Do you all not see liquid/crystal LSD in your neck of the woods?

Do you all not see liquid/crystal LSD in your neck of the woods?

I never have, and i've seen a fair bit of acid and been to doofs and parties and festivals and such for along time now, i've stopped and slowed down these days. But yeah we do, i've heard others talk of it and mention it and on sugar cubes as well.

The only acid i've ever seen has been on blotters and micro dots.

I've heard from mates ages ago in the past who had connects that 'apparently' made sheets and stuff that they imported the crystals/liquid and laid them onto sheets.. That was probably why their acid was so up and down, it was either way too weak or way too strong, but we had some good times, and it was pretty cheap for me.

POLICE have issued a warning about a bad batch of LSD imprinted with an image of pop icon Psy doing a 'Gangnam Style' dance - after five teenagers were hospitalised at the weekend.

A cop on the news here showed some of them in a baggie and said they are 16 times the strength of a normal LSD trip.

15 yr olds, especially 15 yr old girls are a nightmare on strong psychedelics. Legit LSD or not it still comes down to set and setting and I bet most of them were either drinking or smoking weed as well.

Rc for sure. This is the first time ive ever heard of the korean pop star psy too lol...weird. kinda looks like chow from the hangover movies. I had the chance to try extremely good clean acid a few years ago but didnt bc i was strung out on dope and was worried id have a bad trip. Made a small fortune selling it tho, thats for sure. Guy i got it from had 20 of those little sweet breath droplet containers, each one held like 110 to 120 hits. Bought 2 for dirt cheap and quadrupled my money. Kid i sold it to made a bunch of sweet tarts dosed with it and made a killing. Everyone said it was the best they ever had too. Man i wish i tried it back then bc i dont trust any blotter these days after these nbmoes came around.

Deadly $1.50 LSD

Deadly $1.50 LSD tablets trap teens

SIX teenagers have been hospitalised as police reveal young people are using the internet to buy a deadly form of LSD for $1.50 a tablet. A 15-year-old girl was at a birthday party on Saturday night in Coffs Harbour where a number of teenagers took LSD tabs printed with an image of Gangnam Style internet sensation Psy. She collapsed and was taken to hospital, where police said that she was initially in a critical condition. Last night a Coffs Harbour Hospital spokeswoman said the girl had recovered and was discharged at 3pm yesterday.

Police were called to another party in nearby Toormina on Saturday after a 15-year-old boy began acting violently and suffering hallucinations. He was hospitalised and is suspected of taking a similar drug. Ambulances were also called to Balmoral Beach on the lower north shore on Friday night after four teenage boys collapsed and were taken to Royal North Shore hospital. The rash of overdoses comes just three months after Central Coast teenager Nick Mitchell died after a suspected LSD overdose.

Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham said young people were buying drugs online from what he describes as dark sites. "For as little as $1.50 a tablet these kids are buying what they think is the hallucinogenic LSD. In fact many of them are getting 25INBOME, a powerful hallucinogenic but also an amphetamine. The delivery charge is more expensive than the drug and the consequences are frightening," he said.

Supt Bingham said underground sites such as Silkroad were well known to many young people. "It is a growing problem as young people increasingly use the internet to source drugs. They have no idea where they come from or what is in them." While not wanting to give the sites publicity, Supt Bingham said parents needed to know what to look out for, such as the arrival of padded envelopes or strange behaviour in their children.

He also said talk of "bad batches" of drugs was infuriating. "It's not the batch that's dangerous, it's the taking of drugs full stop," he said. "These teenagers are having very serious physical reactions to the drugs - not just hallucinations. Their bodies are shutting down as well." Supt Bingham said investigations were under way to find the source of the drugs and check their toxicology.

Police have have also warned some of the LSD sold to the two teens on the weekend could still be circulating. "Anyone who consumes it takes the risk of brain damage or death," Coffs Harbour crime manager Detective Inspector Cameron Lindsay said.

www.theaustralian.com.au/news/deadly-150-lsd-tablets-trap-teens/story-e6frg6n6-1226595054804