[AUS] Ecstasy research - EDRS (formerly PDI) 2007

If only people in higher places would read those results about drink and drug driving and realise that if they provided more effective public transport, people wouldn't resort to doing those practices. I sure this is just me having positive thinking about fellow drug users, but I assume the majority who do drive would rather not if they could to and from events with ease and without worrying that cops are waiting with those farking sniffer dogs.

Also, those results about people's opinions that drugs should/not be legal are interesting. Id never thought about it before. Would I still do something if it were legal and I could pop in to the chemist and get me some? Hmmm. Thanks Tronica for posting that stuff.

Hi all,

The ecstasy study is still looking for participants. If you've ever thought about doing it, then now is the time to do it :)

Many thanks,

Matt

This is a very good thread, I love the idea of research like this!

I only wish there were more studies like where they see how much MDMA affects you sexually. Getting people to try that wouldn't be too hard... I, for one, would be very keen to be a guinea pig in a test like that!

This study is finished now, the results should be out soon I'm informed. Thanks to everyone who helped out :)

Ecstasy research in Australia 2007 - some findings

Hi all,

Pardon the belated posting. Many of you may have seen the advertisement for the EDRS study, which is conducted in Australia each year. The first wave of results were released in October last year, and you can find them in the bulletin at the following link http://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/NDARCWeb.nsf/page/EDRSBulletins and is entitled "An overview of the 2007 EDRS: The Regular Ecstasy User Survey Findings".

The PDF is under the list of 2007 bulletins. If you have any problems opening the link or would like a copy emailed to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

The full reports will be released soon. Thanks to those who volunteered for the study.

Kind regards,

Matt