Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Auditory hallucinations on dmt

DeadHEADmcreedy

Greenlighter
https://youtu.be/7ojrruaMYYg

Okay so skip to 5 min and 50 sec. listen Like 30 seconds or so Not just the high pitched noises but the jangling low pitched chime sounds is what I hear on the trip. It reminds me of a cartoon jack in the box cranking. It really makes me feel like I?m in wonderland. anyone else???

Auditory hallucinations are strange and less common, but they do appear from time to time. I remember that an MDA/2c-b combo made me listen with echo effect and as if I was under water.

DocLad

yea I get quite a bit of auditory hallucination, partly I'd say because when I'm take deems it would normally be with headphones in either listening to white noise or some sort of solfeggios or ayahuasca Icaros etc. so the psychological impression I get after so long is the sound itself is what takes me into the experience as I close my eyes and lay back.

With DMT they arent very loud with me, LSD and Mushrooms have some wicked auditory hallucinations.

From the few times I've smoked DMT, the auditory hallucinations are very similar to mushrooms for me. Strange wooshing sounds, sort of like a mystical wind blowing, like the breathing of the earth entity. I especially notice it when during the trip all of sudden things get very quiet, and I can hear every little sound, I become aware of the sounds of my own body and breathing.

LSD makes music sound very elastic, exciting and bouncy. Probably why I love it for music, it makes distorted and crunchy sounds irresistible and they impart a certain energy in me. I'll hear all these little details I didn't hear before, that sometimes I'm not sure if they are actually there. Combined with MDMA, music becomes this searing, sometimes overwhelming, powerful force, especially when its ripping out of a massive sound system.

The auditory aspect of psychedelic drugs is one of the main reasons I'm drawn to them, and is also why I quickly got bored with drugs that don't have any value in that respect. I *hate* ketamine because it makes music sound like absolute garbage, and it blows my mind that people stuff their face with this stuff at musical events, maybe its not about music for them? sorry getting on a tangent here lol

^ great post.
I love music on acid as well - it's funny how certain drugs can colour your perception so much.

Some dissos make music sound incredible - i found mxe utterly mindblowing as a musical enhancer, and i'm not sure how ketamine affects me in that sense - but i know 3-meo-pcp can make music seem totally flat and heavily compressed or something - perhaps that's like your experience with ketamine?
I once saw a band i'd grown up listening to and seeing live, on a lot of 3-meo-pcp and i could barely recognise their songs.
It was weird (but still pleasurable). MDMA and coke tend to make me like music i'd normally hate, and hate music i'd normally love.

But on topic - the weird sort of buzzing sounds i hear when i smoke DMT are on of the first signals of it kicking in, and for me it's this rising sort of ....flanging robotic whirring sound (?) accompanied by the visual and other-worldly hyperspacial distortions of DMT come rushing at you fast.
A few other people have posted recently about IV 4-aco-dmt, and how similar it is via that ROA to smoked/vaped DMT - which was exactly what i experienced as well.
The really overwhelmingly intense thing about that for me was the initial rush - accompanied by that crazy DMT sound that i always associate with "blasting off" with DMT from a pipe - except that sound was crashing all around me before i'd managed to administer the whole shot, and it was coming on - hard and fast - with the plunger only 2/3rds of the way down.

Terribly reckless on my part - i wouldn't do crazy shit like that any more - it was risky and foolish, but that DMT sound is one of the few things i come away from a DMT trip with a reasonable recollection of. Most of the other hallucinations i've encountered in DMT breakthroughs tend to get forgotten or lost in the threads of time between hyperspace and "reality" - but the buzzing, alien-insect tones that i hear when DMT first starts kicking in always stick in my mind.

Haha yes! Thanks for all the replies guys I’m new to Bluelight and have always come here to read up on stuff it’s nice to hear your different perceptions on the topic