Admin Attention Attn: Mods - Interesting in being one eventually, how to get there?

^ again, that information in in the faq:
the faq said:
What do the different titles mean?

by Catch-22, Rogue Robot

Bluelight Users:​

Guest is the title for unregistered posters.

Greenlighter is the title for registered posters who have made fewer than 50 posts. Greenlighters can only send private messages (PM) with staff.

Bluelighter is the title for registered posters who have made at least 50 posts.

Bluelight Crew is the title for members who were once staff members; either as moderators, administrators or engineers. Ex-staff who wish to have this title need to request it, the easiest way to do this is by reporting one of your own posts and asking for the Crew title.

Ex-Bluelighter is the title for registered posters who have had their account disabled permanently.

Temp Ban is the title given to registered posters who have had their accounts disabled for a temporary amount of time.

Affiliates:

EZ Test is a customized title for registered posters who are official representatives of EZ Test, a manufacturer of testing kits for ecstasy pills.

Enlighten is a customized title for registered posters who are official representatives of Enlighten, a harm reduction group who are involved with pillreports and also supply testing kits for ecstasy pills.

MAPS.org is a customized title for registered posters who are official representatives of MAPS, a group who are involved with providing psychedelic and marijuana research studies.

Pillreports.com: is a customized title for registered posters who are affiliated with pillreports.com, which include their moderators and administrators. Pillreports.com is a global database providing subjective user reports and scientific analysis of ecstasy pills.

Bluelight Staff:

Moderator is a customized title for staff members who are the leaders of the forum(s) that appear under their title. Moderators earned their positions by being active participants and are expected to continue to contribute to their forums. Moderators are responsible for enforcing the rules so on Bluelight. They can close threads, edit posts and warn users in their assigned forum. In addition, all Pillreports.com staff members are given the title of moderator at Bluelight.

Senior Moderator is a customized title for staff members who moderate at least one forum and help respond to issues across all of Bluelight. They will address urgent problems, help make judgment calls when they are sufficiently familiar with the situation and provide backup for the normal forum moderators. Senior Moderators will have basic moderator functions across all the public forums. They will be able to give warnings, and can issue bans when needed. Senior Moderators will be on a level between Admins and Moderators. Senior Moderators will help provide coverage and advice, but are not supervisors.

Administrator is a customized title for staff members who oversee the operation of Bluelight as a whole. Administrators can perform the basic moderator functions in all forums and can ban people from Bluelight. They respond to urgent situations, resolve disputes and address complaints and might moderate one or more specific forums in addition to being an administrator. They create internal policies and deal with external matters such as public relations and legal issues. They are responsible for adding or removing staff members but delegate a great deal of freedom and authority to the moderators. Administrators make the ultimate decisions for what happens at Bluelight.

Engineer is a customized title for staff who maintain the server and customize the software to address staff and member requests. Engineers do not moderate forums or affect board policy.

And last yet certainly least....

Test Dummy is a customized title for experimental accounts that are controlled by administrators. These accounts are used to test new features or explore bug reports. Please disregard any posts made by a poster identified as being a test dummy.

Occasionally, other custom titles are given out as decided by the administrators, for example for competition winners.
alasdair

Given the context of the inquiry, I inferred that she didn't know what the different titles were responsible for so I wanted to offer that. I didn't really understand smod or admin roles until like 6 months after I became an OD mod!

I never figured any of that stuff out. :D

I always understood those roles, being a swot like alasdair... the difference is that I didn't understand *WHY I WAS STILL DOING THEM* after 6 months. ;)

Only joking. Funny thread, but perhaps it might scare off the young go-getters.

In before close. PM me if you need instructions, tambo. ;)

Be the change.

^-^ one of my favorite sayings... except with the rest added on to it haha

I actually meant more of what the difference was between them as in when it comes to like... being one. I don't know how to explain it haha so nevermind, I'm sure I'll figure it out when I become a mod in the future ;)

Anyway, before the thread closes - thanks again for the answers and amusing discussion haha!

btw, I offer private modular cosultations in exchange for a donation to bluelight..