• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Atomoxetine (Strattera) for occassional single-dose use?

fugme

Bluelighter
Most of the discussions on the internet involve atomoxetine used for weeks, months even. I'm interested if anyone has taken single larger dose (40mg or more) as ocassional eugeroic/stimulant, like one would take modafinil/armodafinil. For those who have used it this way, is it effective and how does it compare to modafinil?

I have not but I expect since it primarily increases norepinephrine a single large dose could be both unpleasant and dangerous. Expect a potentially dangerous spike in blood pressure, uncontrolled sweating, tachycardia, anxiety, liver damage for starters.

You'll feel hypertensive,tachycardia, but mostly angry and ready to snap at your mom doing your laundry for you to cheer you up. Seriously tho; Atomaxatine is kinda worthless recreationally. Anecdoteally everyone I know whose tried it,including me, just had rage on therapeutic doses.,

No. There's no selective NRI's on the pharma market that will work as wakefulness promoting agents in acute dosages (correct me if I'm wrong).

The closest one is bupropion, but it's a DNRI when taken in a way that bypasses the first past metabolism. Meaning bupropion itself is a DNRI, but if you take it orally it'll nearly all be metabolized into a NDRI (some kind of CYP meditated oxidation occurs I think, but the technicalities aren't important).

Pseudoephedrine/ephedrine is a norepinephrine releasing agent as well as a DRA to a much lesser degree.

Thank you all for the replies! Although i was comparing it to modafinil, my main reason is to use it from time to time in order to get shit done like i do with speed / 3-fpm. I'm not looking for any recreational value, just productivity.

Would that still be a no-go? Thanks!