• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ativan Hell

I thought abt that but I'm taking 10 mg of Valium at nite for the interdose withdrawals from Ativan while I'm sleep and don't feel much of a dif from that. Would Klonopin be better? My dr has also prescribed me neurontin and Lamictal but I'm sick from the Ativan already and don't wanna add to it until I see what I can do bt the Ativan. I believe it's having the opposite effect on me...

imo valium would be the one to go with seeing as its being utilised already. its most commonly used in these tapering situations and would be a favourable replacement by most drs.

best thing is to have a discussion with your dr about options.

well youll have to see if you can handle it. it wont hurt to mention the valium route if its sufficient to your situation.

When I take the 10mgs of Valium at nite, I just really can't tell a dif as far as anxiety or anything. It may help w wd's coming off because I have used it before w the Ashton method but I ended up reinstating.

That's the real bitch of benzo WD, even when using a slow downward titration, when you get to the point of being off completely, you don't feel yourself for a good while. At least this was my experience coming off of 4mg clonazepam Rx'd daily (not as needed).

The better news is that if you look, you can see little bits of your old self returning on a daily basis, it's just painfully subtle and slow. Surround yourself with positive things you used to previously enjoy. You may not have any interest in them, but slowly I found them to become appealing again. Talk with people that have been through similar situations. You're doing that here, in person is better on many levels, but unfortunately really tough to do when you're in that state / mindset.

I don't like to discuss myself in much more detail than that publicly, but if you feel you'd benefit from talking privately, feel free to use the PM me link in my signature below. Also as you're a Greenlighter, you have PM restrictions placed on your account, however the AIM account in my profile is accurate. If I'm signed in on bL, I'm on AIM as well, seriously, don't hesitate.

Hope very much you get to feeling better. <3

First of all, stop telling yourself you are depressed, anxious etc. It is making it worse. don't assume you're supposed to feel like shit because you're trying to withdraw. Maybe it's not as bad as you're making it, even though you have no sense of reality as you say (Please hear me out). Okay yes your perception and brain and your well-being has changed and gone down hill. But like others said, there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel.

Since I am not a doctor or have not gone through this personally, and don't know much about dosages and what to do etc, thats not what im going to try to help you with. with whatever method you use to taper off (which absolutely needs to be done), then make sure you first of all realize that it is a PROCESS, and also that this is not PERMANENT. so all i can tell you is to ENJOY this massive 'drug high' that you're basically on right now (I know that sounds almost rude and awful, but I don't mean it like that. I mean truly just try to enjoy it somehow, anyway that you can in the meantime). and i know you may attack me, or think im crazy, or others may as well. I understand you're in a negative state of mind and need serious help. But there is another way to look at it. Enjoy the journey towards getting better. Tell yourself that truly you will quit, truly you will get better, and truly you will get to the bottom of this. Truly there is hope, truly others have gone through the same thing, truly there is a method. Truly it could be worse, truly you are still alive, and still able to type on this forum. Truly you have already taken the steps to start to get help, and truly you are almost there. Just needs a little bit more faith and patience. And like others have said, there was/is an underlying problem that needs to be found and addressed, because of your choice to take this drug in the first place/now. And it's a good thing sometimes that there is a problem, because there is a solution to every problem, ALWAYS, whether we see it or not! God works in miraculous ways.

I have a friend who is going through a similar thing right now, with Clonazepam (3mg). He is down to 1.75 and has been tapering off it since June. he has cold turkey'd off of .5 kpins as well (PLEASE follow a doctor's advice before doing any sort of thing like this, I am not a doctor and don't know these things). It takes persistence and hope and patience, and a bit of prayer. you can make it. Keep seeking help. Keep talking to others. Take the doctors advice. Go back to rehab. Plan to get better, and plan to get off all drugs in the end. I wish you the best :D

I CAN however give you a link to a thread I've made in the past, where I had tripped 9 times (6x lsd + 3x shrooms) in the course of 3 months (some wont even call this a lot), and had persistence effects for months afterwards. It wasn't TERRIBLE, but everything around me was DIFFERENT, I was ANXIOUS, DEPRESSED, (as usual) but also OUT OF REALITY, and everything was MOVING if I stared long enough. it was NOT so enjoyable. It was ALWAYS on my mind (and in my vision). I thought it would last forever (I know this is very different, but still somewhat related). Looking back, I'm glad it was over, and wished I had more hope that it would completely be gone (and its been gone for years now).

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/504098-When-will-shit-stop-moving-(been-5-months-with-anxieties)

Here is the thread, but just know that was what I was going through at the time, and right now I am completely fine. I just wish I rided it out more, and enjoyed it while it lasted, is what I'm trying to say :) I couldn't even used to read text on a screen, without literally seeing all of the text and images moving lol, (slightly, though). i dont even wanna read the whole thread , or think about it too much. Fear of flashbacks :p Don't worry, completely different drugs, so that won't happen to you down the line. It's just going to be a matter of getting what's going on deep down inside you checked. It's a matter of just sticking to the plan and giving it time, as well. If there is an underlying emotional problem, you should talk it out, with us, or anyone. this forum i would think is safe, ignore any negative comments, its always best to talk about your feelings before they just destroy you through anyway that they can. We are here for you

Last edited by a moderator:
cbd works wonders to clear brain chatter & let u rest

Hey y'all. I'm a 34 yr old female that has been fighting the war to get off benzos for 3 yrs now after experiencing interdose withdrawals and reaching tolerance several yrs before and never knew what it was, just knew I didn't feel good. I've been to 2 detox centers. My last one was a month long stay where they cold turkeyed me off of 10mgs of Ativan. That was last Feb. I got back on 5mgs of Ativan as soon as I walked out of detox because I could not handle the mental withdrawal symptoms. I am currently seeing an addictionologist and can't seem to budge from the 5 mgs due to mental withdrawals being so bad. I have SEVERE depersonalization/derealization, anxiety, fear, confusion, depression, dizziness. I have been thru manic phases but what gets me the most is the dp/dr. It's 24/7. I don't get a break unless I'm sleep, which I rarely do. I have NO SENSE OF REALITY WHATSOEVER WITH MYSELF OR MY SURROUNDINGS. I am always confused/cog fog. Can't remember ANYTHING. AND ALL OF THESE SXS ARE CONSTANT. I NEVER GET A WINDOW OR FEEL NORMAL. IM AT A TOTAL LOSS HERE AND ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.

Get CBD SUPPSOSITORIES. (Bluelight can't endorse vendors, sorry) THEY ARE A GODSENT FOR BENZO SUFFERERS. Hope youre doing better now..

Last edited by a moderator:
Very appealing my old things bring so much joy when i have little also cbd works wonders for the mind & body during this along w all healthy foods no processed garbage anymore! Feeling okay just tapered to .5 a day...feel pretty good now that i stablized but yesterday i didnt take my 5 htp...and now I've taken it daily for awhile..I didn't even think it was bad at all till I just googled it..ugh that sucks. It ALWAYS puts me to sleep. But I don't want another problem..

Lady Codone, do not advise people on a dose of benzos like that to cold turkey. Benzo W/D isn't just nasty, it can easily lead to seizures, and at worst, kill people, after slow torture on the way.

I've actually had a seizure right in front of my GP, when I was asking to come off lorazepam (ativan) at just 1mg daily, tapered down from 2mg first, and ended up going into a full blown tonic-clonic right there in the chair during the appointment with the GP. Was given an emergency script then and there for more, although had another seizure just moments after taking the first of those pills, before it kicked in. Was hideous to get off altogether, also, lorazepam has a fairly short duration of action, about 5-6 hours or so tops, and thus is not a good benzo to use to taper, switch to a long acting one like nitrazepam, clonazepam, diazepam etc. and taper really slowly. 5mg or 10mg is a dangerous dose to cold turkey off, seriously so.