• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ativan dosing

JessicaElle

Greenlighter
I was prescribed Ativan by my doctor today but I know the dose he started me on is going to be way too low. Before being prescribed the Ativan I was occasionally taking my moms klonopin. I don't get anxiety attacks every day, but just in case I do id like to know how much Ativan I should take to equal about the amount of klonopin I was taking before. I would take 4 1mg klonopins(4mgs total) and the ativans I have now are 0.5mg each. How many of the ativans would I need to equal what I was taking before? Thanks!

Generally; they are on par MG for MG, the only difference is onset and half life. I would recommend just trying your prescribed dosage before trying to match what you used to take, every drug effects everyone differently.

damn 4mg of klonopin is quite a dose....i have my doubts that ativan will hold up in comparison to klonopin
try .5mg of ativan and titrate up... .5mg of klonopin is about 1mg of ativan so...8mg of ativan would roughly equal 4mg of klonopin(rough estimate)....if thats the case i would def go back and talk to the doc and get something else

Definitely dont go right to 8mg though in case thats all you were focused on. Take the advice given already. Start as prescribed and move up from there as necessary. Generally they are fairly similar, perhaps Klonopin a bit stronger but dosed the same in practice, but you never know. Lorazepam may be the one that works best for you at less than significant amounts.