• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

At what doses do you start experiencing side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiManImDan

Bluelighter
Hey guys

I just wanted to know from you guys personally the amount of MDMA you have to take to start experiencing major side effects?
Side effects meaning, jaw clenching, teeth grinding, eyes rolling back, eye wiggles and any other if you experience them..

Thanks!

Last edited:
That is widely varying. There's a whole lot of factors that influence this and it also depends hugely on the person. So it's almost impossible to state a dose at which side-effects are going to start occurring. Furthermore certain side-effects occur more rapidly than others. For instance I always have eye wiggles but I seldom have extreme jaw clenching

If you're only talking about major side effects I would say starting at about... 180mg or something? I don't know, again this is very hard to estimate =D it also depends on what you would call a major side effect. Some people would call slight muscle tension major and for others it's only when they are about to collapse that they would say they are experiencing major side effects. For me personally I feel like they only start to get major'around 250mg but then again I am very insensitive to MDMA

That is widely varying. There's a whole lot of factors that influence this and it also depends hugely on the person. So it's almost impossible to state a dose at which side-effects are going to start occurring. Furthermore certain side-effects occur more rapidly than others. For instance I always have eye wiggles but I seldom have extreme jaw clenching

If you're only talking about major side effects I would say starting at about... 180mg or something? I don't know, again this is very hard to estimate =D it also depends on what you would call a major side effect. Some people would call slight muscle tension major and for others it's only when they are about to collapse that they would say they are experiencing major side effects. For me personally I feel like they only start to get major'around 250mg but then again I am very insensitive to MDMA

Thanks for quick respond!

from my personal experience, i dropped a 175mg cap of mdma on an empty stomach, and sometime while coming up i vomited all the liquid i had in my stomach like a hose for a few secs completely unexpectedly, and had some strong eye squiggling and had some jaw tension (although jaw tension is pretty apparent even at like 120mg for me unless i take magnesium b4

It kind of varies for me, but I've had eyes in the back of head at doses 120-150mg (but not always) and even higher doses, but I can't really remember those properly. They usually only occur during the comeup/peak before subsiding relatively quickly. Jaw clenching tends to occur more with a re-dose, but a lot of jaw clenching is subconscious so you don't always know you're doing it, so it's probably happening more than you think anyway. I consider these two side effects as 'all part of the fun' anyway. Great fun watching your mates gurning or eye wiggling away. Or their face when you give them some super minty, menthol chewing gum.

from my personal experience, i dropped a 175mg cap of mdma on an empty stomach, and sometime while coming up i vomited all the liquid i had in my stomach like a hose for a few secs completely unexpectedly, and had some strong eye squiggling and had some jaw tension (although jaw tension is pretty apparent even at like 120mg for me unless i take magnesium b4

I don't ever vomit, not even from a lot of weed, but I will definitely be looking out for it at high doses.
Thank you for sharing your experience! :)

It kind of varies for me, but I've had eyes in the back of head at doses 120-150mg (but not always) and even higher doses, but I can't really remember those properly. They usually only occur during the comeup/peak before subsiding relatively quickly. Jaw clenching tends to occur more with a re-dose, but a lot of jaw clenching is subconscious so you don't always know you're doing it, so it's probably happening more than you think anyway. I consider these two side effects as 'all part of the fun' anyway. Great fun watching your mates gurning or eye wiggling away. Or their face when you give them some super minty, menthol chewing gum.

Thanks for information and sharing your experiences! I'll bomb 170mg for the lols and see how I go!

Thanks for information and sharing your experiences! I'll bomb 170mg for the lols and see how I go!

Depends what you're looking for. Higher doses don't necessarily mean it will be more fun, and increase side effects. It's not really a 'take as much as you can while avoiding side effects' kind of thing. I've found 120-150mg to be a good dose. Higher can sometimes retract and not add to the experience.

I'll add my 2c.

For someone 125 lb or 60 kilo 90 mg followed by 30 at peak is the best dose. If taken to close together it could lead to some unpleasant effects. 1-2 mg/kg seems to be the best space to aim for with 1.5 mg/kg being the perfect spot for the average person. 0.3-0.5 mg/kg seems to be around the threshold dose although I'm not sure on that one. Figured this out with pihkal guidline for resldosing, seeing 1-2 mg/kg, confirming dose with erowid chart, and finally bio assay with 80%-84% pure mdma while the rest of the weight is mainly the hcl molocule bound on multiple subjects who agree on the sweet spot.

I find jaw clenching, eye wiggles, sensation of cooling/heating moving through you, and any other physical discomfort. Anything over 1.5 mg/kg seems to cause side effects although some people are super sensitive while some are resistant to effect.

Edit: this is an oral ROA dosing guide. It can be used sublingual too with this chart and should have faster onset and a bit more should stay active. Nasal dosing I have no experience. Start small

Last edited:
I'll add my 2c.

For someone 125 lb or 60 kilo 90 mg followed by 30 at peak is the best dose. If taken to close together it could lead to some unpleasant effects. 1-2 mg/kg seems to be the best space to aim for with 1.5 mg/kg being the perfect spot for the average person. 0.3-0.5 mg/kg seems to be around the threshold dose although I'm not sure on that one. Figured this out with pihkal guidline for resldosing, seeing 1-2 mg/kg, confirming dose with erowid chart, and finally bio assay with 80%-84% pure mdma while the rest of the weight is mainly the hcl molocule bound on multiple subjects who agree on the sweet spot.

I find jaw clenching, eye wiggles, sensation of cooling/heating moving through you, and any other physical discomfort. Anything over 1.5 mg/kg seems to cause side effects although some people are super sensitive while some are resistant to effect.

Thanks for useful info and a good calculation base to go off when measuring doses. I'm someone who loves going completely off rails, this makes me feel f'd up and really enjoy the night!

Depends what you're looking for. Higher doses don't necessarily mean it will be more fun, and increase side effects. It's not really a 'take as much as you can while avoiding side effects' kind of thing. I've found 120-150mg to be a good dose. Higher can sometimes retract and not add to the experience.
I'll keep messing around with doses to find out where the "off rails but having an awesome time" is!
Thanks again!

I'll edit in my recommendation is for oral dose. Nasal dose I would say is much lower even half, but I don't have experience.

I experience very pronounced jaw clenching and teeth grinding at less than 140 mg, never gone higher than that.

The first effect that happens to me is eye wiggeling (nystagmus). I like it, so it doesn't bother me.

1.5 mg/kg with a redose of 0.6 mg/kg if needed is my sweet spot.

Over 2 mg/kg the side effects become a little bit strong compared to the positive effects. 3 mg/kg I'm flored.

doses where 150mg each well thats what i was told lol dropped 2 at once but i didnt know they where that much intill after lol but they were fat and i came up and hour and 10 mins on the dot later but for the hour i felt like somthing was coming very very lucid ( this was mda also didnt know that LMAO ) when it all hit me it hit like a train i was vibrating in euphoria lol my eyes where going wild and my jaw thankfully was just clentched not gurnning lol i blacked out for like 1-2 hrs id be snapping back in and out of it it was wack never double drop mda unless your experienced lol shit will fuck ur shit

BlueBull said more than enough. This is going to vary widely by individual. Closing this thread up

Status
Not open for further replies.