• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

At what day do you start counting your withdrawal days??

Fresco

Bluelighter
This is mostly for opioid users.

So lets say you take your last dose at 9am monday morning and thats the 1st day you're quitting your oxy's, heroin, methadone....etc.
Do you count monday as your first day of withdrawal, do you count it as a half day or do you not start counting your first day as the next day (which is tuesday)????

Do you count monday as your first day of withdrawal, do you count it as a half day or do you not start counting your first day as the next day (which is tuesday)????

Back when I was abusing oxy, I would count the hours. Say if my last dose was 9 am, by 9 pm I would be a mess.

I would start the counter when i start to get the first signs of withdrawal. That seems to me like the right way to do it.

I wouldn't really focus on how many days, more like how many hours, just to be more accurate.

personally I count from when my last dose was, although you're not technically withdrawaling yet but if your last dose was in the morning than you'll start to withdrawal before the day is over ... they say 24hrs since your last dose is the earliest you should start taking subs if you're going that route to deter the WD's and if you take it any earlier than that it'll send you into worse wds

Back when I was abusing oxy, I would count the hours. Say if my last dose was 9 am, by 9 pm I would be a mess
LOL.....same here. So I count my monday as half a day.

I think thats fair.

I'm withdrawing from kratom right now, and I'm feeling positively groovy on day 3.5 right now, eh!!! :)