At home rapid detox with naltrexone

opi8

Bluelighter
I got myself into another opiate habit and it was my new years resolution to detox.

I got my hands on some naltrexone and dosed up on a shitload of valium, temazepam and clonidine before taking the naltrexone last night when the benzo's were about to put me to sleep.

Almost immediately after it kicked in I was violently vomitting while shitting jets of water out my ass. When I wasn't on the toilet, I was in absolute agony on my bed. Last night was one of the worst experiences of my life.

Now, it's nearly been 24 hours since I dosed the naltrexone and I'm still getting some intense stomach pains that come in waves that last between 5 and 10 seconds.

Do you think these are just lingering withdrawal symptoms? Has anyone else done this and how long could I expect this shit to last for?

I've had enough pain and fuck I'd love to score right now.

dude
what dimwit advised you to use naltrexone?

instant irreversible precipitated withdrawals aint fun, and you can now testify to that personally.

you likely feel all torn up from the physical
wrertching. I doubt there's any naltrexone in you now. <snip>

sorry, fucking with you there. kudos for deciding to quit. it gets easier as the days pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is truely some hardcore shit man you need to be commended just for having balls that large.

I do think the stomach pains are lingering wds, orrrr, its possible they're real wds at this point. I mean you said its been 24 hours so it could be either or. I think taking loperamide will help those stomach pains though. Its prob just the opiate receptors in your stomach looking for a fix, and loperamide might quell that for you.

At any rate I would especially appreciate if you could keep the forum updated on your situation. People have talked about using naltraxone or suboxone to precipitate wds with the idea that once those physical wds are over, they don't come back. What Im curious about is how long the wds lasted, and whether or not they were followed by a typical wd syndrome. I'd also be curious to see how your mood holds up not using opiates. But I really suggest you don't go score. You put yourself through hell and back for a reason, and scoring is really going to make that entire experience a waste of time.
Try to keep us updated and try to stay away from opiates. If you need to bitch about things, feel free to use this thread as theres lots of support on this forum. Gluck!

Haha. No dimwit advised it, but a close friend of mine had done it himself recently, off methadone too. I still don't know how he survived. I'll admit that I didn't understand how truly fucked the experience was going to be.

It did feel like cramps mixed with acid reflux (Gaviscon and pantoprazole didn't help at all though) and something else that I would now put down to all the over-exertion of wretching for hours.

I did take some loperamide the day after but it kind of felt like the shit inside me was more painful than shitting through the eye of a needle every 10 minutes, I don't know how to explain it. Buscopan (Butylscopolamine) might have helped a little, it's hard to tell.

I had these waves of intense cramps for 2 days afterwards, lessening in intensity and getting further apart each day. By the third day they were an annoyance but quite tolerable. Apparently if I'd kept taking that nasty yellow pill it would have all been over with quicker, but fucked if I was going to put that inside me again!

After 5 days I can now walk around, eat and drink normal foods, even coffee & alcohol and most of the pain, physically is gone. :)

It hasn't done much for the cravings, if anything they're worse now that I feel better. Gotta keep it under control though, so I can still enjoy the best pain killer/anti-depressant there is every once in a while.

When rapid detox is done under medical supervision, a naltrexone implant is often inserted to help deal with cravings. You're doing really well for someone who doesn't have the benefit of that.

opi8 read please

please see my recent post regarding should I detox at home naltrexone #21 in drug studies you may find some identification there...outsidemyself posted tonight 5/15/2011...unfortunatly I dont have any info on the post results...had to back out wayyyy to much!

Last edited:
I am currently under going this. Small H habit. Quit 4 days ago. Spilt a 8mg strip 4/2/2 consecutive days. Took 50mg naltrexone pill last night at midnight....and omg I nearly called for an ambulance. I have kicked cold turkey many times. Nothing and I mean nothing compared to how awful this was. By 5am. My unbearable anxiety began to settle (no benzos y'all). Managed 2 hours of "sleep" got up, Googled what the fuck just happened...I had no idea. Jesus. It's 18 hours later, feel relatively well. Stomach pain at times. Lethargic. Nose run. But overall much better. Yeah don't do this without heavy sedatives. I swear I was strongly considering an ambulance at the peak..about 3 hours in. Bad move. Get clean. Stay clean. Fuck this nonsense