• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

At home GHB tapering

Kayhem

Greenlighter
Anyone have advice on how to taper off this drug safely. This person is using all day every day about an ounce per day. Last time they ran out they were rushed to the hospital thinking they were having a heart attack. They don't want to feel like that again and read the best way is to taper off over 13 days. Starting a 4ml doses and working down .5ml over 13 days until they reach 0ml

It sounds like you already have the solution. Only further harm reduction could go that I can think would be to take the taper into a detox situation instead with medical supervision.

is this person going to be able to manage the taper? I find I can taper heavy one day or two and then I’m binging again. Pretty well every time. Only thing that’s ever worked for me is a full on stop and hospital or detox if I need it. It’s easier to stop when it’s more official like in a medical setting too, though that’s no guarantee.

Thanks man. I'm concerned with going to the ER they will just let me suffer through it and send me home even tho I'm not dying I feel like I am. It's terribly scarry. Nothing has ever made me feel this way and I'm like Charlie Sheen man. Seriously

@Kayhem

Rockstar from mars eh. Not winning on this Earth, that’s for sure. I get you man. I’ve had some serious addictions (still do) and real problems in hospitals too. Especially during COVID-19.

Sounds a little radical to do but maybe if you can present with some mental health crisis you could get in on a psych hold. that’ll get you in and comfortable for awhile. If there is a real issue or history of, even better. You’re not having an easy time no matter how you frame a serious GHB addiction.

Is there an actual detox facility in your area? That’s probably a wiser, less desperado option if there is one.

How about friends or family? Solid aquatintances even? Do you have anyone who can help oversee this taper if you are to stay home?

I’d suggest a slower taper then 13 days my friend. Try and extend that to maybe 30. But yes please for your health and safety get off of GHB. The acidicity of GHB almost killed me it was causing severe chemical
Burns inside my body. Many people say it’s a harmless substance but that’s bullshit

Also if you can get your hands on some benzos to assist in the taper, GHB works on GABA receptors as do benzos so they maybe helpful when feeling withdrawal symptoms