Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ask if my sister ever tried LSD

roundpotato

Greenlighter
Hi.

So I have a sister. She's 25 years old or so and is a very "hippie" person. She has huge rings in her ears and smokes weed. She's a smart person with a great job and all. I know she listens to a lot of "psychedelic music" and some of her favorite movies are Enter The Void(idk if that matters, havent seen it). Her apartment is filled with abstract art. I have talked to her about weed, but I wanna ask her about LSD/psychedelics. I have posted a few images of psychedelic-music artists on my facebook page and she always comment stuff like "he's the kind" etc.

Is it a good idea?
How would I ask her in a nice way?

I was thinking about maybe asking her about what her thoughts are about magic mushrooms or something..

Anyone have any experiences that they wanna share about talking to a sibling about psychedelics?

why would you be worried if she's already into drugs and trippy stuff? if you're really concerned about it maybe ask her if she ever tried anything besides weed, or if she knows something about LSD because you're interested in trying it or because a friend of yours told you about it.. dunno really, i think you should just go for it and ask her

What are you afraid of? If there are a lot of things that feel psychedelic to you, asking a question about actual psychedelic drugs isn't that farfetched. I can't imagine she would feel pigeonholed or something, that would seem a bit hypocritical. Maybe you just wanna show general interest though, just point out that you notice a lot of her interests are related to some mind-expanding quality and if that means she is also curious about things like mushrooms or acid. Sure perhaps she is more than curious, maybe she is experienced.

If she's in to psychedelic culture then I doubt it would be something that would offend her even if she doesn't use psychedelics, especially since she already smokes weed.
I don't really get the point unless you're wanting to trip with her, in which case it could easily be brought up in conversation, perhaps in a conversation about some of her more psychedelic interests like music or art

I remember when my sister approached me about something like this. She was very nervous about it, it was really cute :) Tripping with my family has always been one of my favourite kinds of trips.

Next time I meet her Ill ask her if she's ever tried anything besides weed and assure her I mean something that's not hard drugs. Then i'm going to ask her if she knows about LSD and if she asks why Ill tell her that a guy I recently got to know asked me if I would wanna join him some time.

Ill report back if anyone is curious how it goes.

Go for it! I have tripped with both of my brothers and gone to very deep places with my elder sibling.
As far as I'm concerned I'd rather trip with my brother than anyone else in the world 9/10.

I don't see why this would cause a problem.

"Have you ever tried lsd"
"Yes"(further discussion) "no"(further or drop discussion based on reatcion)

Simple :)

maybe trip with her some day ?? ....

[ my brother won't consider acid , after ODing on cannabis cookies and scaring himself straight for life . Pity , he'll never know what he's missing .... ]

Mushrooms are much more benign sounding than acid if youre trying to tip toe around things. Acid has a hard reputation even in the drug scene, I know several people whove shroomed who are afraid to try acid. Even though IME mushrooms have more of a potential for a bad trip if youre experiencing depression or rocky points in life.

Id bring up mushrooms to break the ice then move on to Lucy if your sister seems cool with the psychedelics. Even if you have no intention of ever chewing mushrooms with her. Plus you know hippies and their all natural kick.

Then i'm going to ask her if she knows about LSD and if she asks why Ill tell her that a guy I recently got to know asked me if I would wanna join him some time.

I don't know how old you or if you are female but taking drugs from "a guy you recently got to know" is a good way to end up dead or raped. there are a lot of evil people in this world that come off very nice and trustworthy.

Also, going through your first acid trip with a stranger who probably wants to have sex with you is not conducive to a comfortable "set and setting" you will probably become paranoid about this person during the trip and panic and have a terrifying trip

Mushrooms are much more benign sounding than acid if youre trying to tip toe around things. Acid has a hard reputation even in the drug scene, I know several people whove shroomed who are afraid to try acid. Even though IME mushrooms have more of a potential for a bad trip if youre experiencing depression or rocky points in life.

Id bring up mushrooms to break the ice then move on to Lucy if your sister seems cool with the psychedelics. Even if you have no intention of ever chewing mushrooms with her. Plus you know hippies and their all natural kick.
I can agree, Idk where people got the idea that LSD is somehow crazier or more dangerous. I have more neutral/bad feelings on mushrooms. IME LSD has more of a push (positive) once the come-up is finished. I can't tell you how many people I've met who will eat mushies but squirm at the thought of acid. Maybe it's the duration? Then again, people in general don't exactly realize that acid lasts for 12+ hours usually. So I think it's just propaganda, or maybe this new thing that potheads espouse that "I only do natural things." Silly silly silly....

I can agree, Idk where people got the idea that LSD is somehow crazier or more dangerous. I have more neutral/bad feelings on mushrooms. IME LSD has more of a push (positive) once the come-up is finished. I can't tell you how many people I've met who will eat mushies but squirm at the thought of acid. Maybe it's the duration? Then again, people in general don't exactly realize that acid lasts for 12+ hours usually. So I think it's just propaganda, or maybe this new thing that potheads espouse that "I only do natural things." Silly silly silly....

its true that mushrooms have more potential for a bad trip than acid. but acid had a much worse rep as far as hppd goes permanent head fuck goes. but that might be due to mushrooms being harder to overdose on and abuse too often. still….ive never heard of Hppd or psych problems from shrooms that much….but its much more common with acid

I don't know how old you or if you are female but taking drugs from "a guy you recently got to know" is a good way to end up dead or raped. there are a lot of evil people in this world that come off very nice and trustworthy.

Also, going through your first acid trip with a stranger who probably wants to have sex with you is not conducive to a comfortable "set and setting" you will probably become paranoid about this person during the trip and panic and have a terrifying trip

I think the "guy I recently got to know" is an excuse, that was my impression at least.