• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Ask a question you are curious about another races culture; please no racist dicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droppersneck

Ex-Bluelighter
For me its to black people. A. how do you keep your shoes on with out ever tying them? I want to know the trick. Also whats the deal with sesame street and looney toon character themed apparel and vehicles. In E. Nashville I see this dude with a dunked out 93 caprice that is green with oscar the grouch on the side of it??? Please help me understand.

Tried this in the lounge but the mods told me to try it here; probably rightly so.;)

I don't know, but that sounds like a badass car!

For me its to black people. A. how do you keep your shoes on with out ever tying them? I want to know the trick. Also whats the deal with sesame street and looney toon character themed apparel and vehicles. In E. Nashville I see this dude with a dunked out 93 caprice that is green with oscar the grouch on the side of it??? Please help me understand.

Tried this in the lounge but the mods told me to try it here; probably rightly so.;)

Okay let me break this down to you. This topic, though i believe you are being sincere in the fact your not being racist, you are still stereotyping to the extreme.

Whats the difference?

stereotype - something conforming to a fixed or general pattern; especially : a standardized mental picture that is held in common by members of a group and that represents an oversimplified opinion, prejudiced attitude, or uncritical judgment.

racism - a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

So you see, even though racism is worse, you are still being stereotypical. Just because a person is black doesn't mean they are good at basket ball and live in the hood, Just because someone is asian they arnt good at math, just because someone is Mexican doesn't mean they know how to make fucking tamales!

Just in case you still dont undertsand the difference I suggest you read up some on the subject, you can do so here:

http://www.colorado.edu/conflict/peace/problem/stereoty.htm

Im closing this thread because its inappropriate even for here. I suggest you do some reading, you may not think your racist, but you are obviously guilty of stereotyping.

Status
Not open for further replies.