L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

As a male, I tend to relate better to females

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
I've realized recently that I feel much more comfortable being friends with a female. They are typically more open, emotionally, than men, so I feel comforted by their openness to talk about such things. I am in general, an emotionally vulnerable man, and so I find the insensitivity of many men to be off-putting.

Am I weird? I feel a little weird not having much success in making male friends. Actually, most of the male friends I make have taken mushrooms at some point in their life. Or they're gay. Other than that, I'm all about the women, typically.

Do you have any tips on relating better to men? Sometimes I feel like they don't acknowledge much emotional content.

You aren't weird, it just sounds like you don't know many people. I relate to various people - males and females. My partner is male, my best friend is male. After that, the next three people I'm closest to are all female. No reason. Just because of the people they are.

How many friends do you need anyway? You already have male friends who are either gay or taken mushrooms, so that indicates that you likely have 3 male friends. And significantly more female friends, so perhaps 6? So you have 9 close friends? That is a lot and it doesn't matter if more are female than male.

Some people are that stereotypical "masculine" type person. If that type of person just doesn't work with you, that is perfectly fine.

There is nothing weird about the OP at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have more female friends then male friends... I don't see a problem with it.. What are your hobbies and interests? Try to find some bro-friends that have similar interests if you want to meet some homeboys haha

who cares. you make friends with people you have things in common with.

end of.

you cant force a demographic to be your friend if really its not a naturally occurring friendship

i dont have many (hardly any) gay friends and i am gay. i look at other gays as a target for what i want (sex) so i know for a fact they are thinking the same thing

i just dont meet many gays in real life ever so how would i be friends with them. i dont like shit cheezy music and gay places often have a seedy sleaze edge and douchebags who wont back off all drunk out of their heads

analogous to how some straight men dont have straight women as friends because the sex feelings can get in the way.

Last edited:
I believe gender has no bearing as to whom I am friends and not friends with. I either instantly feel a connection (intellectual) or I don't. As a woman I most certainly should relate to other women, I just have little patience for drama. I have gay/lesbian friends. The gay guys are fun and the lesbians I just don't have time for.