Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Arylcyclohexamines and Muscles

cryptix420

Bluelighter
Hi there,

I'm wondering what anyone might know or have experienced regarding muscle tone/mass and dissociative use.

In the past, it seems that my binges (by binge I mean about a gram of ketamine every day or two for perhaps a week) caused me to lose a fair amount of muscle. I generally keep up with a balanced physical health regimen (cycling, yoga, strength training) and am wondering if this effect is innate to this class of drugs, or if it's also because I tend to skip meals and the like while getting high. I seem to experience the same during stints of things like 3-ho-pcp etc.

Any and all input is appreciated, cheers

Its probably mostly fluids since ket is very diuretic.Ive noticed the same thing when doing binges.
However i strength train and eat well in general.
So after a few workouts, and being clean for a week or so im usually back where i was before the binge.

Im in general alot more active and healthy then most people using as much K as i do in periods.
Imo people who use recreational drugs need to be in some kind of physical routine if they want to stay somewhat healthy.
I this most of the damage from drugs is in fact lack of exersize and proper nutrition.
Of course abuse is not healthy, but lack of Sleep/exersize and healthy food is most likely alot worse then doing a few grams of ket once in awhile.

Dissociative binges always made me lose weight quite rapidly. Using just a few days in a row can cause me drop 5 pounds, but it comes back quickly so it's probably just water weight. I wonder if they increase fat burning as well, since binges always left my face fairly gaunt.

Saw this study recently which found that ketamine anesthesia in rabbits causes an increase in muscle catabolism relative to propofol anesthesia. Ketamine also increases cortisol which both inhibits protein synthesis and leads to breakdown of existing protein.

Saw this study recently which found that ketamine anesthesia in rabbits causes an increase in muscle catabolism relative to propofol anesthesia. Ketamine also increases cortisol which both inhibits protein synthesis and leads to breakdown of existing protein.
I f*ckin knew it. Awesome study, thanks for sharing

I f*ckin knew it. Awesome study, thanks for sharing
Yeah, no idea if that carries over to sub-anesthetic doses in humans but it's a good bet it does. Doesn't appear they used a control group and I don't know how to interpret it quantitatively (i.e. by what percent does it increase baseline catabolism) but it definitely supports your observations.