Art Section?

Smoky

Bluelight Crew
Hi, I might be blind but I thought there was a section designated to the Arts. I found Film and television, and a poetry/words section but iirc there was a place to post art, and/or other artists (painting, sculpture,photograph etc).

I could be totally wrong. If anyone knows please guide me. I can't find it.

Thanks,
Smoky <3

you can discuss art quite happily in second opinion.

alasdair

Oh, I must have overlooked it.

Thank you alasdairm. :)

a long time ago we had a 'visual and performing arts' forum but that became 'film & television' and more general art discussion found a home in 'second opinion'.

alasdair

a long time ago we had a 'visual and performing arts' forum but that became 'film & television' and more general art discussion found a home in 'second opinion'.

alasdair

What was the cause for the change? anything specific..

thanks you guys. i have found some art in second opinion, maybe sometime we can bring back a visual arts section. :)

The evolution does seem kinda weird in hindsight. SO was supposed to be about asking for advice etc., so how it became a repository for arts & photography seems like a bit of a historical anomaly.

i think it happened because there was no other place for art or photography to go once V&PA closed. it isn't like the lounge could manage serious art discussion

as i recall, the v&pa forum was struggling for traffic so a decision was made to narrow the focus to the more mainstream art forms, film and televsion. that boosted traffic but left other forms (painting, sculpture, etc.) without a home. at the same time, there was a recognition that there was a need for a (more) serious 'off topic' forum on bluelight and the lounge could not (for historical reasons) meet that requirement. so 'life' morphed into 'second opinion' and art discussion found a home there.

alasdair