• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants armodafinil

It's possible to abuse anything if you try hard enough. As someone who has taken Armodafinil more days than not for several years however, without escalating doses, without significantly increased negatives (although, definitely, decreased positives)... it does appear to be a remarkably safe substance to take long term, at least compared to many other drugs, and in my own experience.

I am a strong responder personally and thus find Armodafinil to be quite dopamonergic, even euphoric at times, but is is still not really recreational, and I would not take it socially for example - only to enhance focus or reduce subjective feelings of tiredness. My usual dose is 75mg to 150mg per day - I have on very rare occasions gone up to 225mg or even 300mg - but these dosages, invariably, and even with some tolerance leading me to try dosing higher, produced a scatterred, uncomfortable stimulation which was not enjoyable. Hence, I think, abuse liability is very low.

It's possible to abuse anything if you try hard enough. As someone who has taken Armodafinil more days than not for several years however, without escalating doses, without significantly increased negatives (although, definitely, decreased positives)... it does appear to be a remarkably safe substance to take long term, at least compared to many other drugs, and in my own experience.

I am a strong responder personally and thus find Armodafinil to be quite dopamonergic, even euphoric at times, but is is still not really recreational, and I would not take it socially for example - only to enhance focus or reduce subjective feelings of tiredness. My usual dose is 75mg to 150mg per day - I have on very rare occasions gone up to 225mg or even 300mg - but these dosages, invariably, and even with some tolerance leading me to try dosing higher, produced a scatterred, uncomfortable stimulation which was not enjoyable. Hence, I think, abuse liability is very low.

Thanks for the info I couldn't find anything online and I just wanted to know before I bought any of them lol people will sell anything now a days

I take modafinil because armodafinil i was taking was too much money for my insurance company and beyond like 200 mg for keeping me awake i think youd just be wasting incredibly expensive drugs. Its kinda like coffee once you reach a point it just stops getting you any more stimulated and alert just side effects.

@d1nach: Do you have narcolepsy or what was the reason you were prescribed this?

Do you combine with coffee or other stimulants ever?

Do you take every day? What dosage?

Excuse all the questions but I am not prescribed modafinil and therefore am very curious to hear about the experience of someone taking it for a legitimate medical reason!

I will add also that I have recently been substituting with lauflumide, of "flmodafnil" instead, I'm not sure if this is ever actually prescribed but studies indicate that the long duration and sleep-inhibiting effects are lessened, if you have the option and if sleeplessness is still a problem for you you might want to look into this.