• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants armodafinil, gabapentin and clonazepam

OffMymedz

Greenlighter
This thread is to see who else has replaced they're stimulant ADHD medication, with Armodafinil?

Most of my adult life I've been on and off of Adderall. Don't get me wrong it gets the job done for what it's meant to do but the side effects, well they just weren't worth it. I was tired of the ups and downs. The crashes. The tolerance (even though I barely took it but maybe 3 to 4 times a week at one dose) but ever since starting on Armodafinil, currently at 225mg in the morning. Wow... Let me just say this puts my headspace and my focus ability in the same place Adderall and dexedrine did for me in terms of concentration. But with this drug versus your typical stimulants, has no ups and downs I feel zero side effects. I do take a benzo 2.25 mg of clonazepam ODT three times a day. So I'm not sure if the benzo is weighing out the negative. Even when I would take a benzo with Adderall etc it had to be at least 2 to 3 mg of either alprazolam or clonazepam, and even then it didn't help with the crashes and all those other side effects that come with it. If you're a person like me who struggled trying to find the right ADHD medication considering asking your doctor about Armodafinil. Also this med also doesn't have the stigma like the others so it's fairly easy to get. It is still a CIV substance. Also I mentioned gabapentin above. I take that for off label use for anxiety restless leg and sleep. These are the only three prescription drugs I'm currently taking at the moment. And I'm also a medical marijuana card holder.

You take ~7mg of clonazepam a day?

What was your dose of adderall?

Personally don't find it modafinil or f-modafinil to be nearly as effective as amphetamines but yes amphetamines have nasty side-effects. Lately I've been taking 30-50mg of dexedrine a day and the appetite suppression is strong.

Hey if it works for you thats good. Definitely less toxic than amphetamines. I took f-modafinil and modafinil for a while. I used to be a fan of large doses of adrafanil too, like 1.3g or so. When id sweat id smell like it.

I've had excellent results with modafinil and adrafinil for increased focus in the past as well. I've yet to try armodafinil. Have you tried others to compare? I think this class is far better than for instance bupropion (wellbutrin) for extending focus.