• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Arm swells in same place when injecting meth

Ash4791

Greenlighter
Hi everyone! I'm new to this so please excuse me if I do anything wrong. Does is kind of hard to explain but I'll do my best. Lately when I shoot?meth?the area above the crook of my arm swells. It never burns while I'm injecting and I always register blood but I noticed I haven't been getting a rush. This is happening in both arms no matter the vein I use in the crook. Can anyone explain this please
I was also wondering if someone can explain a?missed shot?more in detail to me. I would like to know if the?lump?ONLY appears at the injection site. And also how long does it take for you to realize if you have abscesse? Thankful for any help I can get.

In my experience with missed shots, i would have a lump on the injection site only, and it would go away after about an hour.

It's strange that you're not feeling a burn when you inject, and that you're registering blood.

How many times have you injected in that same spot?

And welcome to Bluelight :)

I think you need to find a new injection site mate. Perhaps your vein is getting blocked above your usual site resulting in the swelling and lack of rush. Try to rotate veins as much as you can.

Sounds like you need to rotate your veins its important to let them heal. A missed shot is when you miss the vein and inject into the surrounding area and it can cause abscesses and infection.

The vein has a leak mate, it happens, it needs time to heal. Its leaking just upstream by the sounds of it, not going all the way and leaking out so no rush for you, no pain as you didn't miss.

Definately need to rotate spots and consider different ROA, veins do not last forever as n those veins are paramount to keep healthy.

Dont go for anything below heart level unless necessary.

If the high comes on slow, I dealt with the same mystery. Inflammation causing the shot to back up making the vein puff out from having the shot sit there or backtrack. It trickles through and the rush is dead.
Switch veins or one day you may do rather large slam with no fault in injecting. Just to have a temporary collapse, then having the vein blow... which dumped my entire shot a good ways up my arm. Zero high, huge knot.

Ar
The vein has a leak mate, it happens, it needs time to heal. Its leaking just upstream by the sounds of it, not going all the way and leaking out so no rush for you, no pain as you didn't miss.

Definately need to rotate spots and consider different ROA, veins do not last forever as n those veins are paramount to keep healthy.

Arent technically arms below heart level? Only iv'd once succeasfully ( did 3 times missed and i was beyond angry that i got a small bump so never did it again) also protio if you miss n get a bump grab a facecloth and run warm water on it, and let jt sit on the bump for alittle, itll go down even faster!!just dont put too much pressure dont wana pop it or damage yourself but the warm cloth trick works wonders dont ask me why ( id like to know why if someone knows??!) Although the literal 2 fails in a row after my first yay turned me off IV forever, probably for the best

I agree with zeph that it’s a “leak.” Cali tar has ruined many of my veins. Even with good vascularity (steroids), I may have to poke around to find a spot.

In my experience (shooting h), swelling at the injection site without pain is what happens when I go through the vein. That is, on the initial insertion I poke an entrance and an exit hole into what vein.

So while most (or some) of the shot stays in the vein, some will spill out of that exit hole. Then it is a mild allergic reaction that causes swelling.

I agree with zeph that it’s a “leak.” Cali tar has ruined many of my veins. Even with good vascularity (steroids), I may have to poke around to find a spot.

In my experience (shooting h), swelling at the injection site without pain is what happens when I go through the vein. That is, on the initial insertion I poke an entrance and an exit hole into what vein.

So while most (or some) of the shot stays in the vein, some will spill out of that exit hole. Then it is a mild allergic reaction that causes swelling.
Intriguing, makes me want to stay aliiiitle further from needles =p

going through the same issue... it sucks though because I tried to find different spots but no such luck so out of desperation I go back to the lumpy spots and sometimes the pull back is so intense itll push the plunger back without me pulling on it even... but no rush... sometimes itll stop and I'll have to pull back and push again get the shot little by little... this will make my lump start to ache with pain for a while... I'll rub it with muscle rub and itll start cooling heating so intense it'll be painful again... sucks once you get used to that way of doing it because it is definitely the most preferred way however the frustration and amount of time and missed shots and sore arms and did I mention the waste of time and stuff when you cant find.... really sucks all around.

Are u sterilising the injection site with alcohol wipes first?new syringe?clean product? sterile water?good technique? If no they won't hurt.