• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Arm is numb days after an injection

RealTalk_

Greenlighter
First I would like to say that I realize this is not a place for medical advice, but I do not have insurance right now and cannot afford to go see a doctor unless there is really a problem. With that said, I was quite drunk last Saturday night and a few buddies and I had gotten some blow. When I found a syringe still in the package at my buddy's house, I made a poor decision to shoot up for the first time in a couple years. It was a 23 gauge pin (I know, bad idea), but to my memory I didn't miss any of it. The next day, I noticed that my hand was tingling as if it was asleep from the blood circulation being cut off, and no matter how much I balled my first and exerted my right arm it wouldn't wake up. Now it is Friday, 5 days later, and it still feels like the blood circulation is partially cut off to my right hand (cold, tingling). I have missed shots of blow in the past and had my arm go numb temporarily but that's not what this is. After 5 days this has me kind of worried; it really feels like my hand isn't getting full blood circulation. If I had health insurance I probably would have already consulted a doctor about this, but I don't, so with that: has anyone else heard of or experienced this? I guess I'm wondering if this is a situation where I should be going to a doctor right away no matter the cost, or if I just need to give it more time?

Hi not sure what other ppls thoughts are on shooting cocaine, but I don't think its a good idea as it can numb where you shoot it and if you miss or anything, you won't feel it til later. Get it checked out by a doctor 5 days is a while to still feel numb.

If it's really is ischemia then things could get very bad as time progresses. Try checking capillary refill by pressing down on a spot on your hand and noting how long it takes to go from white back to pink/ tan. Then do the same thing on the other hand and noting if the time and color is similar.

Just realized that it's been 3 weeks, update us if you can RT.