Mental Health Aripiprazole (Brand name Abilify) injections

kagemori

Greenlighter
Has anyone tried this medication as an injection and can tell me how they found it? how did it compare to taking it as pills for example?

If I were you, I would be wary of any long lasting anti-psychotic injection. The pills are bad enough. Have you checked out the invega thread? Abilify is probably a little better but maybe not...

Yeah I've been on various ones of the pills for about 18 months now and I'm not a fan but have to take them. Hopefully the injection will just make things easier, one less pill to remember everyday

i found abilify stimulating, compared to other anti psychotics. dont know about the injection though.

Abilify is a good drug, altho it's a bit off putting to know it's the first worldwide selling drug and they make totally mad profit out of it. It's a worthwhile drug tho imo. Injections are always a plus, just take it every third week and you're set.

I took the shot for a couple months. Oddly enough, when I switched to pills I started having more symptoms, but that could also be due to other changes in my life. In my experience, there was a definite feeling of having more of it in my system initially; I guess they can't make it release as slowly as would be ideal.

I found it to be the most psychologically tolerable antipsychotic. I've also tried Invega, Risperdal, and Haldol. It made me happy, but without as much of a deadened feel, like I was happy but not due to not being able to perceive.

I think taking the injection for the time being is probably instrumental to your recovery.

Has anyone tried this medication as an injection and can tell me how they found it? how did it compare to taking it as pills for example?

Yes. I have been forced to take 400mg abilify injections for the better part of the past three years.
I found it to be a horrible experience - completely changed me as a person and retarded most of my natural abilities (things like memory, sex drive, motivation, confidence, breathing, posture).

The pills are not as potent, but I'm sure that if taken for a long enough period of time they will have similar effects. Stick to the pills or look for alternatives if you can.

Short term usage may be beneficial however if needed.

I stopped hearing voices after starting shots but the weight gain was extreme. I had to go back on vraylar.

Yeah. Got forced into an injection because the sleazy docs here threaten you with a court order. Even if they won't win you still have to pay court fees so if you're poor, you're screwed, that is the American motto.

Anyway, the injection impaired me, then two days later I got another invega shot which basically crippled me for months.