• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Aripiprazole (Abilify) Withdrawal

pally pete

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I recently started (3 weeks ago) a course of low dose (5 mg per day) Aripiprazole alongside Vortioxetine. I'm wanting to stop taking the Aripiprazole due to it's inefectiveness and the side effects it produces. I would guess that I wouldn't need to taper seeing as I'm on a low dose for such a short time...

Does anybody have any experience/advice on this matter?

I'm asking here as I have litte-no faith in my local medical community when it comes to discontinuing any medication due to many years of poor advice.

Thanks in advance.

Don't have any experience with aripiprazole but tapering should be unnecessary if you've only been on it for three weeks. Unless of course you were on a similar drug prior to that.

Don't have any experience with aripiprazole but tapering should be unnecessary if you've only been on it for three weeks. Unless of course you were on a similar drug prior to that.
Thanks.

I've been off them around 80 hours and no symptoms thus far. Also, I wasn't on any antipsychotic just before the Aripiprazole..

Last edited:
I've never had any withdrawal from stopping abilify, even after being on it for several months.