Aren't protein caps all a scam?

nomadi

Greenlighter
For instance syrups or capsules with Taurine or GABA etc in them-- aren't those proteins just denatured by the stomach and duodenum so the amino acids used to build proteins that aren't the one's you're trying to load your body with? Or do some of those proteins survive the GI acids so become absorbed into the bloodstream? Can proteins even be absorbed into healthy or undilated blood vessels?

I wouldn't put taurine or GABA in the category of a protein supplement personally so I'm not sure if you're really meaning those specifically or protein supps in general. Either way I'd say no unless it has inherently poor absorption (ie glutamine)

i just meant proteins n general. how are they not denatured by the low pH in the stomach and intestine?

I wouldn't put taurine or GABA in the category of a protein supplement personally so I'm not sure if you're really meaning those specifically or protein supps in general. Either way I'd say no unless it has inherently poor absorption (ie glutamine)

Some of them probably are but would you say that chicken breast is a scam?

i think i was wrong when writing this thread... since all the compounds i listed are amino acids and not proteins. so i guess loading with taurine for example could promote the desired effects when taken properly. though GABA probably is something different, since it cannot cross the BBB i think.

Some of them probably are but would you say that chicken breast is a scam?