• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

are you more susceptible to opiate od after your first one

getRocked

Bluelighter
do you think your more likely to od after your first one ive heard multiple people say it before but i didnt believe it, i thought it would just think it would depend on your tolerance and the potency of the opiate. i just had my second od and got brought back to life with narcan off some 5/10 dope, i havent been using everyday and dont go through withdrawls. i od on 2 bags iv. i also take xanax 1mg at night and this happend early hours i know its a deadly combo but i have been doing it for years, what do you think?

I think between the fentanyl analogs in h and the added benzo and narcan recently death is of great concern. Your tolerance coming off naxalone will be off (lower) until it clears. So you do the same amount you did just before and it's way too much. You could OD on half your normal dose of less. You could take a fraction of a bad analog and OD. Your previous experience cannot determine a safe level. If you just OD'd and want to use please reconsider. At least for a short while to adjust. I really believe it's needed in this case and I don't recommend that strategy often.

You are more susceptible to overdose while your tolerance is low or non existent, whether it is your 1st, 2nd or umpteenth time, you are more at risk as an occasional user. All the same it is absolutely not worth developing a habit just for the protection that tolerance offers as it is just a whole different bag of tricks to damage oneself and you can still overdose from a number of factors. If this is your 2nd OD and you have not yet become dependant despite being at this for years, I would treat the whole issue as providence and move on from this class of drugs.

Last edited:
I conquer with both posts above ^ although it doesn't seem like anyone is being an asshole

situational tolerance can also be a factor, using in new/different places its wise to take less