• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Are you more likely to overdose as a new user vs a seasoned user

i believe the stage a person is most likely to od is relapse after a sustained period of abstinence.. depends on the drug.. but for opiates 2+ weeks abstinence from most opiates will get you there. Naivety can certainly be a factor, esp with the deadly learning curve with modern street garbage.

Almost all the OD’s of my friends and known others occurred in people who were recently clean or really working on it or they were dangerous poly substance od’s from mixtures like methadone and Xanax.
Yeah, that too. I wish instead of just pushing abstinence and just expecting you to never use again, they'd accurately inform users about such risks. So many people seemingly have NO idea that their tolerance will drop after a period of abstinence and that you can't go right back to the dose you were used to when you stopped.

It's actually pretty fucked up and scary if you think about it...

Some dude could sneeze while cutting your drugs and you might receive a fatal dose....

I don't think a lot of people realize how easy it is to cut drugs, and just how potent fentanyl analogues are..... and how easy it would be to fuck up that process.... a speck would kill you...
I overdosed from smoking 2 little trails of fent on foil after being an IV heroin user for years. It took 3 doses of narcan to get me back. Shit is so fucking potent it’s insane.

My boyfriend passed away almost 4 weeks ago. He took his first hit of crystal 3 weeks prior to his passing. In those 3 weeks he hit the pipe hard. But never missed a day of work and slept on average of 6hrs at night (lunesta induced). I’m not educated about what the break down of cost/grams/intake so I’m not sure what’s excessive. Hundy every couple of days? Could use like that cause a healthy person to fatally overdose? Educate me please 🙏🏼

I’m really sorry for your loss hun 💚

I overdosed from smoking 2 little trails of fent on foil after being an IV heroin user for years. It took 3 doses of narcan to get me back. Shit is so fucking potent it’s insane.
I'm pretty sure I've had fent - laced dope twice. Fortunately not very prevalent at all (yet) in my neck of the woods but it's been slowly creeping into the UK supply since around 2015. The stuff just knocked me out flat and there was zero reward in it. I don't see how anyone takes it willingly. If you just want heavy sedation and take your higher faculties off-line for awhile, there's safer and better ways to do it. I now test every single dose and have had a handful of positives, in which case I just discard as a rule.

To all who are jumping to 'it was fentanyl' instead of being on topic whatsoever to this persons friend passing and new vs seasoned users likelihood of overdosing..

200 MILLIGRAMS PURE METHAMPHETAMINE IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED TO OVERDOSE A GROWN 165LB NONTOLERANT MAN!

——————————————————————————————

Now to answer the OP. New users are statistically more likely to overdose in any given use than a seasoned user. Seasoned users returniœng to drug use after enough time off to reset their tolerance is a leading factor as well.

However, in my opinion. We should definitely be able to say that seasoned users, especially chronic users, are probably the most likely of any subset of user to overdose overall. Repeated exposure to something which can lead to overdose and death seems more likely to lead to it, to me! I haven't seen any numbers to back up this spin on the logic before, but it's obvious. Isn't it?

The more you use a substance (and the greater in quantity) the more likely you are to suffer from the cumulative and negative effects of it. The more chances you get to draw the overdose card in a deck of possibilities. Increase the amount and you're adding in more cards.

Oftentimes overdose deaths are premeditated as well. People hot shot each other in the criminal (as in true criminality) underworld end of the drug using scene around here. And quite a bit from what I hear!

It's pathetic but these drugs are weaponized all the time by some fucking losers and this is only one way how it is done. Sometimes suicide takes a method in drug overdose too. Pills, booze, IV opioids, some cocktail or another. Poisoning is a common ROA to suicide.

I attempted with IV fentanyl and methamphetamine on Feb 26, 2020 at 28 years old. It worked. I was clinically dead. Lucky for me, I was revived on the scene by EMS.

RIP to the OPs friend. I am not suggesting this was suicide of murder. They're the least likely reasons next to accidental overdose. t's a horrible way to go.

Can you smoke out of the same stash for days then hit a piece with fentanyl? I would think the whole batch would be contaminated?
It's unlikely with meth given the crystalline form of it. Meth is very unlikely to be cut with fent, especially purposefully. Often times it's a scaling issue with not cleaning scales between drugs (meth --> fent --> meth but some is laced now) and fentanyl these days is often brightly coloured and would be extremely obvious in a baggie of white crystal. Fentanyl powder might work. Not very many dealers actually cut anything with fentanyl. Most people take it extremely seriously to handle their fentanyl with precaution and care, including fentanyl dealers and users.

Fentanyl street price is more expensive than other drugs too and not worth it as a cut. While it is healthy to have some fear of this and even start investing in some drug checking equipment like fentanyl test strips or drug checking reagents - it's not too likely you'll find fentanyl in meth. Cocaine is the most likely of all the street drugs that are commonly around to be cut with fentanyl.

People who cut fentanyl into their product are either incredibly misinformed or flat out stupid to think it's a good idea. Or they're just bad people with a death wish for others.

It's unlikely with meth given the crystalline form of it. Meth is very unlikely to be cut with fent, especially purposefully. Often times it's a scaling issue with not cleaning scales between drugs (meth --> fent --> meth but some is laced now) and fentanyl these days is often brightly coloured and would be extremely obvious in a baggie of white crystal. Fentanyl powder might work. Not very many dealers actually cut anything with fentanyl. Most people take it extremely seriously to handle their fentanyl with precaution and care, including fentanyl dealers and users.

Fentanyl street price is more expensive than other drugs too and not worth it as a cut. While it is healthy to have some fear of this and even start investing in some drug checking equipment like fentanyl test strips or drug checking reagents - it's not too likely you'll find fentanyl in meth. Cocaine is the most likely of all the street drugs that are commonly around to be cut with fentanyl.

People who cut fentanyl into their product are either incredibly misinformed or flat out stupid to think it's a good idea. Or they're just bad people with a death wish for others.
Seriously THANK YOU! For taking the time to write these words. It’s helped me get a better understanding of overdose and fentanyl. The cops went straight to both conclusions because of a meth pipe found on the kitchen counter. I found his body on the floor in his bedroom. My understanding is if was fentanyl he would have dropped in the kitchen right after his last hit. It’s all so confusing and extremely sad. I miss him terribly 💔

Seriously THANK YOU! For taking the time to write these words. It’s helped me get a better understanding of overdose and fentanyl. The cops went straight to both conclusions because of a meth pipe found on the kitchen counter. I found his body on the floor in his bedroom. My understanding is if was fentanyl he would have dropped in the kitchen right after his last hit. It’s all so confusing and extremely sad. I miss him terribly 💔
I'm so very sorry. I can only imagine losing your partner in such a way.

Also with opiates, while SOME of my several ODs happened in a very film cliche way, it all depends on the dose. The reason super - potent synthetic opioids like fentanyl are so much more dangerous than standard heroin is that the margin of error is so insanely small. However as with any substance, it's the dose that makes the poison; AND it's important to also keep in mind that a dose that isn't so strong as to be dramatically instant in its effects can STILL be strong enough to kill you.

No he WOULDN'T necessarily have dropped like a stone the second he hit himself. Fatal overdoses can occur several hours after administration ; especially if the person has already dosed before, felt the result unsatisfying, then re-dosed at a short interval, in which case the effect on the system will be cumulative. (Similarly to how a person can keep drinking and drinking and still not have reached their desired state of drunkenness before they suddenly pass out, and end up in hospital being treated for acute alcohol poisoning... or deceased.) Which is why whenever somebody appears unresponsive and cannot be readily roused after drug taking, you should call an ambulance instead of thinking he'll just 'sleep it off' and that all will be fine just because he didn't die immediately.

AGAIN specifically with opioids, you develop tolerance faster to the euphoric than to the physically sedating effects, and a point will be reached where no amount of the drug will any longer produce a high, but your body has arrived at its processing limit. Yes a long-term high- frequency user can cope with administering amounts several times a day of which a single dose would be fatal to a novice ; but even the most extreme tolerance doesn't allow for INDEFINITE increase of the amount of drug consumed.

Last edited:
It's unlikely with meth given the crystalline form of it. Meth is very unlikely to be cut with fent, especially purposefully.
I'm not so sure, man. Meth is incredibly easy to cut and recrystallize into large crystals. I think a lot of people mistakenly think large crystals = high purity, but it's not really a good assumption. The worst, least potent meth I've ever had usually came as big crystals which appeared very pure but wasn't at all.

But powdered meth probably has a higher chance of being cut with fent from low level/lazy dealers.